Skip to content
Maintankadin

Pre-Kara Uncrushability Question

Agravaine1
Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:50 am

Pre-Kara Uncrushability Question

Hello all:

I'm a brand new Tankadin, and I was wondering what the rationale was behind taking Felsteel Helm over Myrmidon's Headdress. Each helm has the same defense rating and Myrmidon's has a larger stamina bonus and a meta socket for the +defense and %chance to heal on hit. The AC is much better on Felsteel, is this the rationale behind taking it over Myrmidon's? Like I said I'm new and have little knowledge about tanking, but I would still feel more comfortable upgrading from my Myrmidon's if I knew the reasoning behind the switch.

Here's a link to both items :

Felsteel Helm
http://thottbot.com/i23519

and Myrmidon's Headdress
http://thottbot.com/i28180


Agravaine
70 Dwarf Paladin Lightninghoof
Ulushnar
Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:12 am
Myrmidon's has Strength, which is wasted points for a Tankadin. The better AC on the Felsteel makes it a more attractive choice for raids.

Also, unless you're struggling for uncrittability, then don't ever use the Defense meta for raiding. The heals are pretty negligable and you'd be better off with the 18 Stamina meta in most situations.
_________________
A Hero desires a Sword, and a Sword desires Truth.