Skip to content
Maintankadin

Switching from Alchemy to another profession

Velyna
Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:43 pm

Switching from Alchemy to another profession

I leveled up alchemy to get the stone when I was starting out healing. Now I hardly ever use the stone while tanking, unless someone out there has some info on why its still worth using.

I currently have Enchanting as well and thinking about dropping alchemy for either Jewelcrafting for the BOP gems or Engineering for the helm. Right now I am stuck with T4 as Vashj won't drop anything but double hero and malacrass won't give up his either Sad

Any ideas? suggestions? Heres a link to my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eldre'Thalas&n=Velyna
_________________
Aalryn
Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:02 pm
alchemy is a useless profession now that pots are available readily and flasks are free.

I would suggest going with engineering over Jewelcrafting. Engineering is just a fun skill. You get rockets, bombs, transporters, a new mount, rocket shoes, parachute cloaks, and even a mote extractor for huge money. I dont think you'd be sorry going that path.

Taking JC for the BOP gems is NEVER a good idea. take JC because you have a lot of money to invest and want to make a good return on it. That is the only reason to take JC
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius
Gracerath
Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:28 am
I'd give up alchemy if I hadn't invested so much time and money on getting flask discoveries. It can be a money maker though. Pro tip: farm up shit tons of dreaming glory and felweed and dump several stacks of mana pots on the AH. Elixirs may not be the greatest sellers anymore after the alchemy fix but mana pots are still a reliable and easy source of income especially since they take the two easiest herbs to find and are not confined to a single zone (like netherbloom or nightmare, terocone, etc).

Never underestimate people's impatience and laziness. Sure potions are free, but there are more than enough raiders that don't utilize the BEM stuff or the skettis daily or are just in a rush cause they forgot to stock up before their raid.

For what its worth, if I was going to drop it, I'd pick up Engineering in a heartbeat. Just the prospect of farming motes of air to sell the primals for fat profits is very very tempting but I don't farm much as it is even with what I have so I doubt I'd farm much otherwise.
_________________
Velyna
Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:43 am
Thanks for the replys, I am highly considering engineering. The goggles I will get are much better as well than my T4 helm. I do have every single flask discovered and that would suck but there are other elixir masters in that guild that have this all covered. I have no herbalist so I don't farm herbs. And I usually get flasks from the marks of illidari for raids. Thanks guys Smile
_________________