Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gear level after Karazhan

Athon
Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 am

Gear level after Karazhan

My pally has nearly full epic gear now, only three blue items left (a ring, a cloak and a trinket). Got 13.6k health and 16k armor unbuffed. There are still some upgrades for me in Karazhan and especially in badge gear, but it looks like I can't get very much further anymore. It is possible that I'll never get any upgrades from 25 man dungeons, because I'm in a casual guild. Has anyone calculated the maximum health and armor you can get from Karazhan epics and heroic badge gear (while staying above 490 defense and more or less uncrushable)?
Dobbelsteen
Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:56 am
With the exeption of my T4 shoulders, all of my epics are from kara, badges or crafted (goggles)
If I were to get the last 2 items I can get from badges, and the ring from Kara, I'd be close to 16k hp unbuffed, and I think that's about the maximum you can get at that gear level.
As for armor, it's a bit over 16k
_________________
Pewpew BANG
Makaijin
Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:29 am
If your kara raid and yourself are in full epics and badge gear, maybe it's time your kara group moved up to ZA?
_________________
Tenkou - 70 Paladin, Xavius EU
Tsuladin
Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:33 am
If only your dps is lacking you can try to run it with only 2 healers. Seeing how your gear is more then up to it. If your fellow tank has around the same gear you have and your healing gear is not very bad it might help you gearing up the dps quicker.
_________________

Tsuladin
Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:47 am
I agree with Wakeman.
Another thing not mentioned and not really in place in this thread is dps group synergy. With proper Synergy a rogue with only the pvp dagger epics and some ok blues can do between 450 to 600 dps on the average boss, without synergy you would be looking at 350-450?

I am sure there are plenty of posts either here or on EJ where you can find all the info needed to help your DPS crew.

ps Bear and Eagle boss are pretty wuss in ZA. try it worst case you wipe a few times
_________________

mooneye
Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:47 am
I would add to this disc.

Tier 5 is not really usefull for tanking ZA or any progress instances. Its an aggro and aoe tanking set with block and block rating "basically".

Tier 4 and Tier 6 are tankings setups. especially Tier 6 is directed for Paladin MTs. So take a deep breath Tier 5 and the items from TK or SSC arent that big improvement for your gear. HP and avoidance you achieve more in ZA than Tier5 gear.

and well spelldamage is the only lag but well always with flask and spellpower oil. so keep it up and good luck for the future
_________________
- Alternate Protiiii inc -
- my armory gear could change, because I am just an alternate prot -

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kel%27Thuzad&n=Mooneye