Skip to content
Maintankadin

Libram of Avengement

Trevize
Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:12 pm

Libram of Avengement

So running my daily heroic I get this. At first I am excited because it is a great ret piece. Since I am way over uncrushable I replaced Libram of Repentence with it and decided to mess around.

First off the proc on the libram is for melee and spell crit. If you have any judgment on a mob, every time you refresh it, the Libram procs. Tanking any boss, this is a free 52 Spell and Melee Crit rating.

Anyone else use this and find it to be quite nice when JoR crits for 1.2k frequently =)
_________________

Boomadin on the weekends...pardon the horrendous tanking stats.
Mavrix
Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:20 pm

This one?

This one? http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27484

If it really works as you describe it's not working at all as it's description says it should. Very interesting discovery if it does boost spell crit in addition to melee crit.

It's also strange if the libram procs off renewing another judgement instead of only proccing when you judge one of the listed things.

Very interesting experiences you had there.
_________________
Mavrix
BE Tankadin
Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dalaran&n=Mavrix
Dorvan
Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:14 pm
Checking the spell applied, Justice does in fact increase spell crit.

That said, the spell crit will add a few more JoR crits, but does nothing for the rest of our threat. It's nice for looking at a few more big numbers, but for a good threat libram pick one of the following:

Eternal Rest for AoE, Zeal for single target with JotC, and the 2.3 badge libram for single target threat without JotC.
_________________
Viskahn
Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:45 pm
or be oldskool and run BRD for the +110 armor on devotion libram!

just to confirm, i was playing around in my ret gear the other day and did notice that the libram seemed to be "proccing" off every SoB swing i did, not just the judgement.
_________________

(if the figures are terrible, im in my loldps gear, obviously)
Trevize
Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:40 pm
Yeah it is up all the time. I noticed it when I was using SoV. The 5 stack tick, 5/5 bonus tick, and judgment all seemed to be critting a bit more then usual.

I will see what I notice in raids this week. Eternal Rest has never dropped for me and I gave up on it. Our ret pally does Crusader so Zeal is useless for me. I remember reading a thread about the new badge one. When the numbers were crunched the boosted threat was very minimal. It makes me wonder if the extra 52 crit is more of a threat boost then the the badge one.

I am no math wizard so I don't have the number crunching done. But it is up all of the time if you judged anything on the mob. I am always on wisdom duty...after the initial judgment, anytime I hit the mob and it refreshes, the 52 crit buff refreshes on myself.
_________________

Boomadin on the weekends...pardon the horrendous tanking stats.
Diocaska
Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:37 am
Libram of Avengement is bugged.

I use it in my Ret set. It only use to proc off actually judging. But I noticed since patch its proccing off refreshing judgements.


Checked patch notes. Its a known issue.

- Libram of Avengement is applying it's buff when auto-attacks refresh judgements.

http://worldofraids.com/ has it listed.

also offical source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3773464619&sid=1


So enjoy it while you can Sad but I much prefer the bugged version of this libram. Few extra% crit perminantly at the moment Razz

But as far as a tanking libram, even the bugged version shouldnt really be chosen over other options stated in this thread.
_________________

ZA 6/6

Shir: ye 8 is the stop fucking resisting my taunts bastard button