Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gear upgrade dilemma

Wakeman
Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:04 pm

Gear upgrade dilemma

Right now I think I'm facing a dilemma of gear upgrade. My dodge is slightly low, and blocking is more than I needed. Besides, I still need to upgrade my blue neck and shoulder. However, my guild want to run ZA more. We are only beginning ZA (downed 3 bosses so far), so not much hope for the timed-loots. Therefore, the possible tanking loots for me from there are limited. There are 40 BoJs in my bank right now, but if I buy the 35 BoJs neck with it, my dodge will suffer even more.

So my current plan is keep farming BoJs until I have enough to buy the chest or belt, then buy the neck next. But the farming is so painful since we won't raid Kara much. Sad

Any suggestions?
_________________

GO GRIND YOUR S1 GAVEL YOU LAZY $#@!%$ DAMMIT!
Wakeman
Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:07 am
Any more advice?
_________________

GO GRIND YOUR S1 GAVEL YOU LAZY $#@!%$ DAMMIT!
Wakeman
Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:56 am
Ok, to be more specific, I almost have enough BoJs for the next upgrade. I still am choosing among Girdle of the Protector, Iron tusk Girdle and Chest guard of the Stoic Guardian (15 more BoJs for this though). Which one should I choose?
_________________

GO GRIND YOUR S1 GAVEL YOU LAZY $#@!%$ DAMMIT!
Eanin
Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:26 am
Absolutely the chest piece. It's just insane. If you're having uncrushability problems, maybe the leggings. I seriously considered them, but I'm trying to figure out how to be a hybrid.
_________________
Velyna
Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:38 pm
Personally I don't think the boots are that good. Almost no avoidance. The Jungle Stompers are much better. The Pally tank belt is pretty decent if you need spell damage and hit, otherwise the iron tusk belt is good.
If you have the maiden neck, I wouldn't bother trading it out for awhile. The pants are very nice.

I got my chest first, then pants. Those pants are a HUGE upgrade. tons of stam on them.
_________________
Splug
Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:03 pm
I can't say I'm a huge fan of the neck for much other than warrior/druid threat gear. High expertise, hit, and stamina makes it an excellent piece for that goal, but somewhat lackluster elsewhere. The chest and legs, however, are excellent defensive equipment, even competing with some loot from BT/Hyjal. I'd definitely say get those first, even if your current neck is a weakpoint - you'll use the legs/chest longer, and if you can get the necklace from maiden, it's not even worth getting the brooch as a paladin in my opinion.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Wakeman
Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:48 am
Thanks! OK, so the BoJs chest it is! Damn, I need more BoJs!
_________________

GO GRIND YOUR S1 GAVEL YOU LAZY $#@!%$ DAMMIT!