Skip to content
Maintankadin

Threat Trinkets

Mavrix
Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:24 am

Threat Trinkets

So I find myself wondering how the various threat trinkets/spelldamage trinkets stack up to each other for various things we do when we would use them or need them. Does anyone have a ranking order figured out? Obviously some may be difficult to obtain at best, but knowing whether or not they would even be worth it is useful information.

Here's a list of some of the ones I know of:

1. Ashtongue Talisman http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32489
1. Eye of Magtheridon http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28789
2. Tome of Fiery Redemption http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30447
2. Skull of Gul'dan http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32483
3. Hex Shrunken Head http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33829
3. Battlemaster's Audacity http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34049
4. Icon of the Silver Crescent http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29370



Please post any other threat trinkets that I might be overlooking and please provide your ranking list for which are best to worst.
Please use a number ranking with 1 for best and 2 for next best and so on.

edit: trying to put some sort of order on them - need help on getting it right!
_________________
Mavrix
BE Tankadin
Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dalaran&n=Mavrix
Invisusira
Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:25 am
If you're going to use a +dmg trinket, the obviously choice would be the battlemaster one. Bonus ohshit! button kthx.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Worldie
Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:56 am
Depending on what you need it for, the trinket with flat spelldam bonus and On Use additional spelldam are the best in situations where you need to control when to burst threat.
_________________

Aalryn
Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:01 am
This imo is the best threat trinket. of course that is the ONLY thing it's good for Smile

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32489
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius
fuzzygeek
Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:53 am
That's an interesting trinket. Is the HoT component not worthwhile to healing paladins?

For threat trinkets it depends on what the application is. If you need instant burstable, controllable threat, then you'll want two SD trinkets with On Use functions.

If you need long term threat, the Al'ar trinket may work out better for you (it works out to an average of about 79 SD, if the post on wowhead is correct (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30447#comments))

I personally use the Silver Crescent and the Tome in my threat set. I wouldn't be adverse to the Skull or Shrunken Head, but I'd never take them over a mage or warlock. Maybe I'll pick up the Eye someday, but that fight is not worth the trouble.
_________________
Mavrix
Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:00 am

hrm

No one willing to set up rankings for which trinkets are better than others eh?
I know it would be useful for me and I'm sure it would help some others as well.


edit: tried to put in some sort of order based on the limited comments available so far and my own thoughts - please make suggestions for moving some things around if need be or etc.
_________________
Mavrix
BE Tankadin
Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dalaran&n=Mavrix
Viskahn
Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:41 pm
i dont have access to half of those, but it occurs to me that the skull of gul'dan looks fairly useless, since spellhaste doesnt affect instant casts - which comprise a lot of our arsenal.

the ashtongue talisman i can imagine being useful IF the DoT component is holy damage (and affected by RF)
the tome of fiery redemption i have 1 question on - can it proc of seal-swings (as in, SoR)?

the battlemaster trinket seems the obvious choice for a consistant threat boost. if you need high on-demand threat then the icon of the silver crescent or hex shrunken head seem the better choices.

eye of magtheridon doesnt appeal to me personally, since the extra threat isnt controllable and doesnt come at predictable times.
_________________

(if the figures are terrible, im in my loldps gear, obviously)
Jensaarai
Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:22 pm
Well, WoWhead says the Ashtongue Talisman of Zeal's DoT proc is physical damage, not holy (lame!), so...half a rep bar to go until I can test it out, but it sounds like I'll be keeping my Battlemaster trinket for threat, especially since it has the nice oh-shit button Twisted Evil
_________________
Cylan
Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:40 pm
I avoid using the Ashtongue trinket only because I'm already using two debuff slots while tanking. =p
_________________
The Unofficial Alliance Tankadin of Tichondrius
Eliane
Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:10 am
My WWS also reports Enduring Judgement as Holy.
_________________