Skip to content
Maintankadin

Help a new Tank former Healer

Therigwin
Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:13 pm

Help a new Tank former Healer

So my guild was in need of tanks verses healers and I had been picking up some of the epix tank drops from Kara while I was healing it and I decided to switch specks and start tanking.

Now I have read various posts on this site and I am still looking for some information about how I should have my gear.

I have heard that Spell Hit and normal hit are both important. With the precision talent, how much of each should I aim for? This would be for tanking Kara and eventually ZA. (The reason I specked tank was so we could have 2 good tanks to tackle ZA soon)

Next how much spell damage should I have?

Finally, should I worry about MP5 at all?

I am very close to being uncrushable and know I could switch out some gems to change that, just want to know what I should switch.

Please look and let me know. TY!

http://eldrethalas-us.warcrafter.net/Therigwin
_________________
Therigwin
Eternity Matters of Eldre'Thalas
Paladin - prot 0 / 48 /13
Paladin - holy 50 / 11 / 0
Guillex
Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:36 pm
1. Don't stack spell/normal hit.

2. Kara, you're looking for a base of 200sd.

3. No.

Dump the Veiled noble topaz', Don Julio's Heart, Great Dawnstones, glowing nightseyes.

You need none of those.

At the t4 level of gearing, you can ignore socket bonuses for the most part, also. Just get uncrushable, then stack stam if you can maintain it. Enchant your gloves with either +20sd (if you're lacking), or 2% threat. You have the KoT rep, so get the Legplates from them.
_________________
Official thread killer

Therigwin
Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:23 pm
Ok, so don't worry about spell hit, cause it is not needed, put in Dodge and Parry gems (which is better to use?)

Should I ditch the King's Defender and use my Lower City Epix hammer instead for the spell damage since I am dropping all the spell damage / hit gems?
_________________
Therigwin
Eternity Matters of Eldre'Thalas
Paladin - prot 0 / 48 /13
Paladin - holy 50 / 11 / 0
Therigwin
Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:46 pm
I already swapped out the 12 spell damage in the belt for 8 dodge.

So I figure I will swap out the Vieled Noble Topaz in the helm, chest, and boots... adding another total 24 dodge...

Got spell damage on my LC Hammer already.. Was looking for a Crystalforged Sword today... should I bother, since it is a blue?

I am 20 badges away from the Stoic Gaurdian Chestpiece. Should have it after this weekend.

It is my first time tanking Prince and Nightbane this weekend, so I am kinda excited...

So should I run out and buy the Timewarden's Leggings or should I wait and see if the Wrynn Dynasty Greaves drop from the Curator.. which is better?

And I should keep the D3 pants for soloing right? Or should I just put on all my healing gear that has tons of mana and mp3 for soloing Smile
_________________
Therigwin
Eternity Matters of Eldre'Thalas
Paladin - prot 0 / 48 /13
Paladin - holy 50 / 11 / 0