Skip to content
Maintankadin

Shield?

Darthpaxis
Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:12 pm

Shield?

Okay the Tempest Keep Shield is eluding me due to low amount of folks wanting to run any Tempest keep. The Ogrila shield is eluding due to not able to get a group to get 1 F...ing crystal. I am working on Kara gear now suppose I can look at badge shield. Are there any shields that are decent hold overs from quest?
_________________
Darthpaxis
Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:30 pm
At work so cant see wowhead links and I hit uncrushable the other night with 4 Purples from kara. Thank yall for responses
_________________
Dorvan
Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:10 pm
At first I was thinking he meant the Aegis, but it he could also mean the Crest of Sha'tar, since you get Sha'tar rep from TK instances.
_________________
Darthpaxis
Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:15 pm
The Rep shield
I am looking for goals I can attain between one run of kara a week a about 2hours after a few dailies rest of week
I have read the stickies several times Just seeing if anyone knows of a shiled i am missing I will have to try agin for the netherwing 5 man group shield until i get the Rep shield.
_________________
Frickit
Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:45 pm
I have wayward but am using Netherwing defender for the extra threat since I am uncrushable without wayward now.
My question would be should I get shatar crest or the badge shield as fast as possible or should I hold out for nightbanes and keep using my defenders shield in the mean time?
if aegis drops in bot i think thats a little more mitigation too
_________________



I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.
Gamingdevil
Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:15 pm
The sha'tar shield is way better than the badge one, so if you can, go get it. If you can't, don't lose sleep over it, at least if you're getting Shield of Impeneterable Darkness soon. And even then, the Crest is almost as good and even has more stamina.
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Pizbit
Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:31 pm
Here's my suggestion.
Find a healer, a DPS too if you don't like long fights.

Start the guardian of the monument quest.
Purposely mess up the order of colours, the giant will be summoned anyway.

Tank him, get healed, afk.

Come back in 10minutes or so and loot your crystal. They don't hit hard, only just enough to require a healer.


Edit: crud, now I'm off to see if I can solo one, brb.
Drat, can't, hit *just* a bit too hard fer solo Very Happy
_________________
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
doteh
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:04 pm
I'm in a similer situation with my tankadin alt. Im aiming to pick up http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28358

the resilience is a bit of a waste, but there's so little defense on the badge reward stuff you might find it useful i suppose. My guild doesn't do gruul anymore so I'm probably gonna use this till i find something from za.

ooh first post, finally stopped lurking. This site's been awesome for getting my alt going, big thanks to everyone Smile

Doteh
Futtah
Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:46 am
Another option is to grind pvp and get the Gladiator Shield Wall which is pretty decent for kara progression.