Skip to content
Maintankadin

How Great is the Eternium Greathelm?

Gothyelk_
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:08 am

How Great is the Eternium Greathelm?

The Eternium Greathelm dropped for me last night - I was pleased to be replacing my Oathkeeper's which I have had for a very long time. I will be able to socket with 3xSSE and still be uncrushable even without Andormu's Tear (once I get the head glyph put on it) which will allow me to use the Violet Signet.

Is this as big of an upgrade over the Oathkeeper as I think it is? I feel like I am gimping my mana pool a bit (down to 4833 unbuffed). Will this be a problem? Losing the spell damage from the Oathkeeper's isn't really an issue at this point.

Thanks.
_________________
kywirelessguy
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:12 am
Its got pretty small amount of avoidance on it overall and it has strength which is wasted, but if its an upgrade, wear it Very Happy

T4 helm with T4 shoulders would be better, but when you're just starting out even marginal upgrades are a bonus.

Throw on your oathkeeper helm for AoE tanking and the greathelm for MT.
_________________
Caelia
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:33 am
i used the The Eternium Greathelm because i could never get my t5 helm(no dkp) and my t4 helm never dropped for me. I finally cracked, dropped Herb for engineering and made my goggles a week or 2 ago. Its a good helm and lasted me a long long time.
_________________

Lewyn
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:39 am
I got the Eternium Helm and my tier4 the same night. I stuck with tier4 and the other one's sitting in my bank.
fuzzygeek
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:52 am
For main tanking the Eternium helm is arguably better than Oathkeepers, but if you've got a spare profession slot the Goggles beat them both like red headed step children.
_________________
Zeels
Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:07 pm
I passed on it to our warrior, got the t4 after 3 prince kills. But then again if it's an upgrade go for it.

Also would like to add that if you are using DKP, you might want to save them. (at least I would)
_________________
By the Power of Grey Skull!