Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gimping your shield to tank 5 mans when overgeared

Makaijin
Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:06 am

Gimping your shield to tank 5 mans when overgeared

So the other day, A few guildies asked me to tank Arcatraz to help him get their fragments for their alts. Having gotten rid of alot of blues recently to make space for my bank, I had a little problem downgearing myself. Figuring that arcatraz contains alot of single pulls I'd probably ran out of mana before the dps even got them down to half health.

Well to cut a long short short, instead of taking off my pants etc, I ended going to the starter village outside Durotar and bought myself a level 3 shield, with like 2 Block value and around 100 armour. Since the shield is the single most biggest contributer to our migitation stats, I figured I'd gimp that first before anything else.

From now on I carry the level 3 shield in pack all the time, and use that first if I ever needed to gimp myself. Saves tanking half naked, helps keep my toon's skin in better condition.
_________________
Tenkou - 70 Paladin, Xavius EU
Worldie
Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:50 am
Or you could just not equip a shield at all Smile
_________________

Eliane
Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:00 am
I've used that shield for MC, BWL, Onyxia and BT (trash) Smile
_________________
Boudi
Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:06 am
1. sporegar rep
2. PLG
3. shield spike
4. ????
5. profit
_________________

Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Shadowhamer
Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:31 am
I need to get some spore rep..that shield could come in Handy..
_________________
Evil does not fight fair, so nor do I

For he who dares !
Inferno255
Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:56 am
Just sit down frequently, it's what I do when we clearing BT trash. Chainpulling ftw. Also, when tanking multiple mobs downrank consecration after your first fullranked, but don't go below rank 3.
_________________