Skip to content
Maintankadin

Dodge Up, Block Down

Gothyelk_
Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:01 am

Dodge Up, Block Down

I have noticed an interesting trend - especially after picking up the Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian last night. My Dodge % is steadily climbing and my block rating is going down. I'm not completely comfortable with this trend - but I'm not sure why. As a Pally tank I feel like I need to be blocking more.

Looking at upcoming upgrades it seems this trend will continue. Should I be concerned or is this a normal progression?
_________________
Questioner
Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:03 am
Trash tank sets should have more block rating, and MT sets have more dodge. The stoic guardian is a main tank chest.
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Invisusira
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:59 pm
That's typical of end-game gear. Block rating comes first; it's easy to stack lots of it and hit uncrushable. As gear progresses, you'll find yourself getting more and more dodge instead - avoiding an attack completely > taking partial damages.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Annabelle
Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:09 pm
Better to take 6 of 10, 8k hits than take 10 hits blocking 500 of each hit. Made up numbers but you should get the idea.
_________________

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that do not.
Athon
Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:44 am
Is parry useless too? I have zero +parry rating items now. My parry chance is at a bit over 16% now because of talents and >500 defense. Will my parry chance be at that level forever, or are there high level items which improve it? I know that parry rating is less efficient than dodge rating.
Worldie
Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:56 am
It's not useless, but you need more parry rating than dodge rating for a 1% increase.
_________________

Gamingdevil
Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:25 pm
Let's just say it's better for warriors than it is for paladins (although I don't think they worry about it much either) There are some high level items that improve it (legs and trinket are probably the only ones you'll want), but you shouldn't really be trying to get it. It's nice to have for extra seal applications, but as said, it costs too much in rating.
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.