Skip to content
Maintankadin

Solarian Boots

kywirelessguy
Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:19 am

Solarian Boots

So I had the opportunity to pick up the solarian boots for min dkp because nobody else wanted them. I just don't know where they fit in my gear sets.

I have the jungle stompers from ZA right now for boss/aoe tanking. Using the shattered halls boots for my spell damage set.

Now if I socket the Solarian boots with two 12 stam gems I'm looking at a slight increase in stam while losing some block value.

My thought was because it has a red and yellow socket trying to match the socket with a 8 dodge gem and something yellow to have for an avoidance set, as the solarian boots have more defense on them.

Uncrushable isn't an issue so the fact that Jungle stompers have a little more block rating is moot in my mind.

Thoughts? I guess I just want something to do with these boots. 60 dkp isn't a whole lot overall, but it might be the difference between getting outbid or not on the next item and I need some reassurance these aren't going to just sit in the bank.
_________________
fuzzygeek
Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:20 am
I sharded mine. No reassurance here, unfortunately.

With the Stompers and Badge boots, there really isn't any place for the Solarian boots in any configuration I can think of.
_________________
Questioner
Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:56 am
The go well in a passive uncrushable set Very Happy
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
kywirelessguy
Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:13 pm
Do you guys generally cart around a stam set and an avoidance set?

Every last gem in my gear but 1 is an SSE. When I do MT a boss like gruul I'll throw on whatever gear I have with more dodge because I feel like it helps over the course of the fight. I.E. Bracers of Green whatever in place of my vambraces of courage. Throw in a defense trinket instead of a stam trinket.

I hear the word balance alot in gearing and just didn't know if I went overboard with the stam and maybe should have a few avoidance heavier pieces in my bag for when I get the chance to MT a raid boss.
_________________
stormknight
Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:49 am
Yeah , I wasted my 27 dkp on it.. but well Im keeping it for my sta set now.
_________________
Dragonzbane
Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:16 am
Resilient Boots:
EH Set
Avoidance Set
Threat Set

Jungle Stompers:
AoE Set
Tidewalker Set

SH Boots:
Pure Spell Damage Set*
*I pretty much only wear this set in 5mans, soloing or occasionally in PvP.

Resilient = 20 Stam and .25% Avoidance over Stompers
Resilient = 3.64% Uncrush and .35% Avoidance over Defender
Defender = 6 Stam, 23 SD and 30 BV over Resilient
Stompers = 3.69% Uncrush, .10% Avoidance & 12 BV over Defender


kywirelessguy
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:11 am
So did you socket your resilient boots with 2 12 stams or did you try and match sockets? Matching sockets would bring the stam more in line with what the jungle stompers have while loading up quite a bit more avoidance.
_________________