Skip to content
Maintankadin

How many different gear set do you have?

Dianora
Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:43 pm

How many different gear set do you have?

I use wardrobe (you might prefer ItemRack or ClosetGnome), so I set up different set for different purpose.

I have 6 different general purpose sets of gear as defined by wardrobe (lots of overlapse):

Blocking Set: Maximum Block % and value. Kind of low on everything else.

Main Tanking Set: Balance Block and dodge. Also my maximum stamina set (if I want more health, I swap out the pocket watch for the Rocket Launcher).

Spell Damage Set: My basic set for doing the dailies. Maximum spell damage, which in my case means lots of my healbot gear get tossed in.

Healbot Set: What I wear in raid when I'm not tanking in raid. Mostly what I wear before my new life as a tankadin.

PVP Healbot Set: Mostly for Arena healing. I used to respec on weekend. As my expense have gone up, I've stopped doing this, and just concentrate on picking up Arena gear. S2 spell damage mace will be mine in 3 hours.

Trash Mob set: Mix match set of tanking and spell damage gear. Not critical proof against level 73 boss mob, but good deal of spell damage. For those instances where I seriously out gear the encounter. I wear this during all of my non-boss encounter and most of the heroic instances.

I've also set up specialized set for individual encounters (Tidewalker, Malacrass, Etc.).

So how do you guys keep your different set? The one that goes through most changes for me is the Trash mob set. I keep trying to find a right balance between spell damage and not getting killed.
_________________
Aalryn
Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:56 pm
Main Tanking
Max Stamina tank
102.5% avoidance passive
Healing
PVP Healing
Ret
Healing Shadow Resist
Tank Shadow Resist
Nature Resist
Fire Resist
Town RP Set


Not all sets change every slot, but that's all what I have in my itemrack
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius
Norfolk
Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:25 pm
I don't have too many sets since I only play 2 days a week for any duration longer than just doing dailies.

Raid tank set
Instance set (basically same as raiding w/a few items changed for +dmg)
Healing set (stuff that would of just been de'd on raids & heroics mostly)
PVP set (raid set w/sun eater, pvp trinket & arcane resist trinket added)
_________________
fudomyou
Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:40 pm

Re: How many different gear set do you have?

Does "naked" count as a set?
_________________
Elysianlight
Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:56 pm
Passive Uncrushable Set
Healing Haste
Normal Healing
Shockadin
Retribution
Healing Shadow Resist
Tanking
Tanking Fire Resist
_________________
Aarek
Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:47 pm
Boss Tanking
Trash Tanking
Spell damage
Healing
PVP Healing
Ret
PVP Ret (ret gear with pvp trinket)
Arcane Resist
Naked
Test set
_________________

Myotis
Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:54 pm
One
_________________
Ulushnar
Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:54 pm
Uncrushable sets:

"Balanced" Tanking (mixture of Avoidance, EH and Threat).
Avoidance Tanking (Used for HKM, Prince, etc)
Threat Tanking (Used for Trash, Add-tanking and DPS race bosses)
Effective Health Tanking (Used for the big Hitters like Maggy and Gruul)
Aoe Tanking (Used for Morogrim, Heroics and AoE Trash)

Crushable sets:

Max Spelldamage (not uncrushable)
Full Frost Resist
Full Nature Resist
Hybrid Frost/Nature Resist (for AoE Tanking Hydross Adds)
Healing
Naked
_________________
A Hero desires a Sword, and a Sword desires Truth.

fuzzygeek
Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:13 pm
In Itemrack I think I have these defined ...

Boss Set
Block Set
Threat Set
Farm Set
SR Set
FR Set
Nekkid
Leo Suit
VR Suit
Hydross Suit
Lolheal Outfit
Avoidance Weapon/Shield/Trinket combo
Threat Weapon/Shield/Trinket combo
Kael Weapon/Shield combo

The combos are so I can easily change weapons in the middle of a fight.
_________________
Titanshammer
Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:14 pm
I use Itemrack and as for sets I have.

Boss Tanking
AoE tanking
Threat set
Spelldamage
Ret
Pve Healing
Pvp healing
_________________
Morganim
Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:14 pm
Normal Tanking
Block Value needs work Razz
Dodge
Threat
+dmg, crushable
fire resist
shadow resist
ret
ret pvp
healing
arena healing
Xmas clothes
Leather Clothes

Deep hidden in bank theres
Arcane resist
nature resist
frost resist
SoB set (lol had to try it)


think thats all Razz
_________________
judgemint
Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:28 pm
Main Tanking
Threat Tanking / OT ( mostly the same, but throws a 2 T4 bonus and a little more spell damage )

Raid Ret
PvP Ret


I no longer carry healing gear on me but my Shard and Shield, but my Outfitter still has the healing tab.
_________________
Judgemint - Armory
US Whisperwind