Skip to content
Maintankadin

Passive Uncrushability

Aalryn
Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:52 pm

Passive Uncrushability

I was toying with the idea of passive uncrushability for a paladin. You hear a lot about it for a warrior, so why can't we do it?

Truthfully It wont be that useful for us except for solo farming as we wouldn't be hit, but i was bored and sandboxed a passive uncrushable set for us.

Note, some of the pieces may seem out of your reach. I did try to make them as easily available as possible, but there are a few pieces that may not be easy to get. We are talking about uncrushable passively, this better not be easy imo. I also tried to do this with normal blue gems (although I did need to use 1 green epic, but greens are cheap).

102.43% uncrushable
493 Defense uncritable
14,447 hp unbuffed
696 Block Value (not shabby)

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/14385

go out and farm without being touched... priceless.
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius

Old FFXI signatures are FTW. Miss my hot mithra
Ralthos
Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:34 pm
Now, to get attuned for Hyjal/BT and join a BT clearing guild.....

Seriously.
_________________
Worldie
Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:54 pm
Actually that set would quite suck for the following reason:

1) We anyway need to use Holy Shield for threat
2) The pure avoidance is quite low: 10% miss, and another 30%ish between parry and dodge, for less than 45% pure avoidance.
3) Health is very low, 14k HP

I wouldnt really bother, unless for some epenis Smile


Would still rock for farming tho. Not much spelldamage, but pew pew BoSanc and sporeggar shield!
_________________

Aalryn
Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:55 pm
well like i said.. it's useless unless your farming, but pretty uber for that. The HP is low for tanking,

Afraithe
Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:41 am
Just 3 words.

*Free action potions"

There are some gear dropping in Zul Aman that has a lot of blockrating, try putting together a set with those.
_________________
Turinbar
Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:14 am
Using Anticipation as a talent might help...
_________________
Questioner
Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:12 am

Passive Uncrush on a budget

You are trying WAYYY too hard Aarlyn

T5 level gear passive uncrushable set:

http://www.chardev.org/?template=17831


Note that it is even easier with Moroes Belt or the defense trinket from SSC. I am putting together this exact set with gear that I won't be using for farming old world raids.

(Note that the block value on chardev does not include Shield Spec)


I saw I have Band of Eternity on...well If you have the Kael neck you have Band of Eternity Very Happy It can be done with many other rings though.

Just look at the uncrushable guide for other options. Panzarthar BP is good for this too, but I think I de'd it when I got T5.
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Ralthos
Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:22 am
I'm getting really tempted to start gemming the spare pieces I have to see what I can pull.
_________________
Hankthetank
Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:25 am
My personal aim is:

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/18909

Yes there's no libram, you can choose one based on what you'd want. I mainly tried to stay away from including any really high end gear in it, though I did wind up including a trinket from Hydross, TK trash ring, and bracers off of Void Reaver. Only reason I included them is because I already have the TK drops, and there would be no competition for the trinket drop.

While the gear set, on its own, is not uncrushable, an elixir of major agility will put you there, and cannot be dispelled.

As you can see by clicking on the link, though, it has major issues. Yes, you are passively uncrushable, but the rest of your stats are severely gimped in the process. 161 spell damage, and a whopping 12,177 hp. Obviously, casters are going to spank you like there's no tomorrow.

However, the question is, is 16277 armor and 659 block value sufficient to passively take zero damage from Garr?

EDIT: The second question naturally would be, can I kill him before my shield breaks? (or should I pick up engineering so I can drop a repair bot mid fight)
_________________