Skip to content
Maintankadin

What to do?

Steelhan
Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:11 pm

What to do?

I've currently got 50 Heroic badges atm and was working towards getting the Stoic Guardian chest, however i'm tempted now to get the Faceguard of Determination.

Given that I'm currently using a Felsteel Helm and Jade Skull Breastplate which do you think I should get first?
QuantumDelta
Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:39 am
oh god, as long as it doesn't cost you crush immunity get rid of that awful chest piece
Nerves
Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:09 am
QuantumDelta wrote:oh god, as long as it doesn't cost you crush immunity get rid of that awful chest piece

Hardly awful.

Anyway, yes the chestplate represents a greater upgrade so you should jump on that ASAP.
Invisusira
Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:12 am
Nerves wrote:
QuantumDelta wrote:oh god, as long as it doesn't cost you crush immunity get rid of that awful chest piece

Hardly awful.

Anyway, yes the chestplate represents a greater upgrade so you should jump on that ASAP.

HUGE AVATAR IS STILL HUGE

CHESTPIECE IS CHESTPIECE

=D
Nerves
Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:16 am
Invisusira wrote:
Nerves wrote:
QuantumDelta wrote:oh god, as long as it doesn't cost you crush immunity get rid of that awful chest piece

Hardly awful.

Anyway, yes the chestplate represents a greater upgrade so you should jump on that ASAP.

HUGE AVATAR IS STILL HUGE

CHESTPIECE IS CHESTPIECE

=D

nou face = ur face
redux :[
Invisusira
Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:17 am
HUGE AVATAR IS FIXED!

CHEER!
Velyna
Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:55 pm
The chest piece would be a much better upgrade.
Fedaykin98
Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:16 am
I've said this is several threads, so I guess it's my mantra:

Spend badges on the piece that is hardest to find a substitute for.

This should lead you to buy the badge chest. There are tons of comparable helms out there (two helms from Kara alone, and a much better helm in the Tankatronic Goggles), but where are you going to get a chest upgrade to Jade-Skull if not from badges? You can kill Nightbane until he drops Panzar'Thar, and that's about it. Much easier to beat Opera, or take up engineering. Plus even if you get it, it's still not as good as the badge chest.

FYI I was in the same position as you - well actually, I had the epic helm from Opera, and I had the Jade-Skull. I ended up spending badges on the chest and taking up engineering to get the goggles, which blew my epic helm from Opera out of the water.

So get the chest. I believe it has less avoidance than Jade-Skull, though, so watch your uncrushability. FYI I've since gotten the badge pants (which pwn Wrynn's from Curator) and am working on more badges, probably for Slikk's.