Skip to content
Maintankadin

Libram of Divine Purpose

M'hael
Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:10 pm

Libram of Divine Purpose

So im thinking about getting this libram but im not sure if its worth it. Currently for threat libram im using the eternal rest one. i was wondering if anyone had done any kind of research or somethign that would show which would be more of a threat generator.
_________________
fuzzygeek
Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:15 pm
Depends on what you're tanking and what faction you are. I use LoDP for single targets, LoER for AOE. If you're using SoV probably not so much.
_________________
Zaephod
Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:01 am

Libram of Divine Purpose is useless (at least to me)

Libram of Divine Purpose is a waste of 20 Badges, at least at my gear level.

My old libram is Libram of Zeal. I decided to compare with my standard tanking set with 480 spell damage and a 1.6 speed weapon, and with my spell damage set and a 125.5 dps 3.7 speed two hander and 335 spell damage. I compared it both with and with Judgement of the Crusader applied to the target. Here are my results:

All information is presented per tick/hit and is the average I experienced in game, results captured using the mod Recount

Fridmarr
Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:08 am

Re: Libram of Divine Purpose is useless (at least to me)

The math I've seen on this also agrees with yours that the Libram of Zeal is more of a threat increase than the Libram of Divine Purpose. The caveat of course being that you are the one putting up JoTC. If you have a ret pally, you probably won't be.

The Libram of Divine Purpose seems to be very disappointing.
_________________
Dorvan
Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:22 am
Indeed, even without a Ret Pally I use JoW except on one or two fights (VR and Gruul, not that I'm doing Gruul anymore). Thus, the Libram of Zeal is a non-option.
_________________
Questioner
Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:25 am
How does Libram of the Eternal Rest stack up?
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27917

I've been doing a lot of Hyjal tanking and consecration is nearly all my threat, so it just made sense. How about in a single boss scenario? (Assume spamming max rank consecration)
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Cyberwaste
Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:49 am
I use Divine Purpose for single-target and boss tanking, and Eternal Rest for AOE/add tanking.

I'd use Zeal, but I play with a ret pally and he's always got JotC up.
_________________
Berengar
Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:05 am
How disappointing.

I cam here this morning after discovering Chestguard of the Warlord made me crush immune with empty trinket and libram slots and thought this would be a good threat increase.

Isn't it dumn that a pair of old blue trinkets are better than a new epic one?

What exactly is it good for?
Berengar
Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:00 am
I almost always find time to drop a JotC on at least one target in a mass pull, and never leave home without it for bosses.

Numbers aside, just from tanksense - does it feel good to have it equipped? Is aggro better than before?
Dorvan
Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:17 am
Eh, I'm a a point where the badges don't really do anything for me, so something is better than nothing. I definitely agree that it's a low/last priority as far as badge gear goes.
_________________