Skip to content
Maintankadin

First major difficulty socketing equipment

Garov
Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:05 pm

First major difficulty socketing equipment

I've gotten damn lucky my last few Kara runs and have quickly changed many of my blues to purples. The last run I got Wrynn Dynasty Greeves. They've got 3 gem slots. My problem is this: My gut is telling me to stack this up with stam. I just got the purple leatherworking kit on it and the more stam the better. 3 +12 stam gems is this choice. My unbuffed hp's are now at 12257 with the pants being empty of gems.

The other choice is more +Spell damage. I roll with just 176 spell damage. While I normally have little to no problem with agg, I'm wondering if this low spell damage might hamstring me later on. My only real +dmg is coming from my Continuum Blade. I've heard people on these boards talk about spell damage in the 300+ range.

I've got above 490 def and my avoidance is above the 102.3 mark, so those numbers aren't a concern. Any advice?
_________________
fiorina
Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:27 pm
More spell damage for SSC/TK yes, more spelldmg by sockets in leggs, no no :)
_________________
Tanks-PL
Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:31 pm
I'd go with stamina.

You will get more spell damage from T4 pieces as you acquire them. Also, the S1 Mace will be bought with honor in a couple of more weeks. That will put you close to 400+ SD.

You will need the extra spell damage once you start T5 content, not before. You really do not need hella a lot for Gruul unless you are going to be the HS tank.
_________________
Melathys
Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:58 pm
I use flask of blinding light (or supreme power) and wizard oil. There's quite a bit of threat gain right there.

go for stamina gems.
_________________
Aalryn
Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:01 am
go for stamina in your gem sockets.

Season 1 mace with a spell damage enchant, some oils, and pots and your gtg with all the spell damage you'll need through SSC.
_________________
Official tankadin of The Core <Tichondrius>
Bobness
Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:05 am
If you're worried about spl Damage just run some PVP & get the Season 1 mace.... Problem solved.
_________________
Xanatos
Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:09 am
Get the badge leggings. My Panzar'thar is now sitting in my bank unsocketed because I got the badge chest a few days earlier. (Murphy strikes again)

May throw a few cheapskate 9 stam gems in them just so it doesn't look so sad.

Btw, badge chest + legs skin makes me look like a death knight. I like!
_________________
Silandra
Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:26 am
When you go to socket something instead of getting pure +12 STA gems ask yourself this: "Is it really worth losing 4 STA for 4 defense and 5 dodge rating?" <using an example>. In the case I listed, I would say that yes it is. Razz
_________________
When in doubt, bubble and hearth out.
A Paladin's fury is a quiet, solemn thing, ever a hair before the bloodlust of a Warrior or the ferocity of a beast. But it holds his foes just the same.