Skip to content
Maintankadin

getting helms crafted...

halabar
Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:06 pm

getting helms crafted...

I have the Felsteel now, (and they are as low as 30G on my server), but I'm looking to get either of these crafted, and haven't seen a sign of them.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23536 - Oathkeeper's Helm http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23535 - Helm of the Stalwart Defender

What should I expect to pay for these to get them crafted?..

And, is the increase worth enough to make it worth the expense?..

I'm not going to be raiding, just 5-man/heroics.

(Halabar on Uldaman if anyone happens to be able to make them)

Thanks!
Dorvan
Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:39 pm
Don't bother with the Oathkeeper's Helm. The Stalwart Defender is *marginally* better than the Felsteel Helm due to the extra stam and armor...but I'd save your money for other tanking items (like some Bracers of the Green Fortress or a Darkmoon card).
Zeels
Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:31 am
I agree with the posts above. Felsteel helm is actually really nice. Just got the Helm of the Stal myself, but that's after the card. Just sold one helm, they guy buying it payed 150g for the nether, that's pretty much standard, at least on my server. Smile
_________________
Invisusira
Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:49 am
The epic crafted tanking helms are both VERY overpriced... I don't really recommend getting either.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Omatre
Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:20 am
I got Oathkeeper's for mats + 50g, so I figured, for the price. Why not. I had all the mats anyway. I decided to socket it with some spell damage / stam hybrid gems, and its now a stable in my spell damage set.

Its not a bad helm, but for pure tanking, there are much better. I think it fills a void for me rather well.
_________________
halabar
Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:18 pm
Well, I'm working through the list of questable items from the sticky post list at the top of this section. I have a few drop items, but not many yet. I'm avoiding any rare gems yet until I know I have some gear that I'll be keeping for a little while.

I can't seem to find anyone to make either helm, even to get a price, nor the Green bracers.

I guess my next biggest need is a chest upgrade.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uldaman&n=Halabar

I've also started doing the daily BG quests, so, the honor will be there eventually for the S1 mace.

The one interesting thing is that allthough my mana pool is quite a bit smaller in my current tanking gear than in my spell-damage gear, I notice the decrease in damage from what I guess is the higher defense, even though I am a long ways from 490, and I tend to survive longer. It's making me wonder about a bit different mix of spell-damage/tanking gear for questing.

But, to the point, here, thanks for the input. I guess I'll grind for the breastplates and pay for enchants first.
Omatre
Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:49 pm
If you're questing / lvling / soloing things (farming)

Then your best bet is insane amounts of block value, and good spell dmg. Don't worry about 490 defense, or any of that, stack block value, block rating and just block the dmg you're gonna take for the most part, and the extra spell dmg = mobs die faster.

There's no need to mitigate dmg through dodge when farming IMO. It only makes the fight longer really, block = damage to the mob, dodge = no dmg to the mob. Therefore, start grabbing any trash block value stuff you run across and hold on to it, mix it with some high BV blue's and some spell dmg. I take wizard oil and my continuum blade with +40 spell dmg on it, and with the spell dmg set I roll around 400-500 spell dmg when farming. Consecration ticks for 120-140 beat ticks @ 88-90.

Unless you farm fel reavers for fun
_________________