Skip to content
Maintankadin

S2 Shield Wall

Hobbit
Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:20 am

S2 Shield Wall

I can't decide if I should spend my arena points to get the S2 shield wall to replace my spell damage shield off of Nightbane. I know it's a definite upgrade, but I'm finding it hard to part with the points I have that I'd rather spend to work on my PVP healing set. I've been looking at the alternatives, but the Gruul shield and new ZA shield both seem out of my grasp at the moment, as my guild is still gearing up in kara.

Any opinions? If I happen to get the tanking shield from Nightbane this week does anyone think it's not worth it to upgrade to the shield wall since I'm not really having trouble tanking our current content?

Armory link: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&n=Dirtyhobbit
and sorry if this is a repost, but I used the search function and didn't see any threads about the usefulness of the gladiator shield.

Edit: Before anyone comments on my arena rating, I just lose 10 games a week for free points, I'm not mentally handicapped or anything.
_________________
Dirtyhobbit -- Burning Blade
Ulushnar
Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:02 am
I've got it, and I like it. Considering how easy it is to get, it's absolutely great. And it's a reliable acquisition, unlike the stupid shields of neverdropwhenI'monmytank from Nightbane and Gruul.

That said, I'd replace it with the ALD if I could, simply for the extra avoidance. I know in my head that the resilience on it is worth a crapload of +defense rating, but i still feel naked with >490 defense.
_________________
http://www.wulfsblood.com - Wow Blog

Miessi
Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:40 am
Why not try to win the matches? You get more points that way. And you don't have to start a new team each week.
_________________
Warheit
Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:50 pm
I've had my S1 Glad Shield Wall since heck...it was the first thing i bought.

and I've loved it ever since. more armor and STA and BV than any shield i could have access to.

and it looks awesome, and big too!
_________________
Worldie
Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:26 pm
Actually you should be able to buy S3 shields if you want, they shouldnt have required rating.
_________________

SmurfZG
Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:41 pm
I'm pretty sure it had rating req when I looked at screenies of it.. but that might've changed.
_________________
Zeels
Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:39 am
As long as you can handle the defense loss. For me I'm going to keep my crest of sha'tar, can't afford to loose more defense. Would deffo go for the s2 shield if I had the luxury of having tons of defense Smile
_________________
Zeels
Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:23 am
yep, it's the uncrush that i'm missing out on. I'm ~480 defense already
but got some resiliance from the s2 mace to make up for it.
_________________