Skip to content
Maintankadin

ZA + Heroic - The New Looks

Aina
Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:25 pm

ZA + Heroic - The New Looks

Heyo everyone, I just need to get the following of my chest, and wonder if others feel likewise.

I'm a female Blood Elf Paladin, and I'm really fond of the T4/T5 looks. I love being a pink/purple shiny Paladin who stands up front to take the beatings.
With my T4 Head & Shoulders + S2 Gavel, Aldori Legacy Defender and even my Boots of the Protector, I'm well underway with the "shiny" looks. And now, there's the Zul'Aman and new Badge gear...

This new gear is like the complete opposite in looks and feel, and I personally get pretty sad when I try the gear on in my Dressing Room. It's so bad actually, that I'm feeling really reluctant to spend my badges, and to "need" on the gear that will drop for me in Zul'Aman. The problem is that the stats are really damn awesome... and since I'm also a competative player, and one of my raid group's two main tanks... I should really get the best I can lay my hands on.

I'm sure many will read this and think "geez, can you never be happy?" and I actually fully agree with you. I'm suprised this bothers me so much :/
What I'm wondering though, if there are others out there who feel the same, and who are also trying to find a solution - getting cool upgrades while still maintaining the shiny looks.
I suppose that gloves, bracers, belt, chest (with tabard) and maybe even pants won't effect the looks -too- much. How do you guys feel about this?

... Don't make me a Jungle Hobo Sad
Taeron
Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:33 pm
Same here and my friend, who plays a human priest, shares the feelings. I know Blizzard wanted to go with the whole "Troll Theme" but the look of this plate armor, even though it might look okey on an orc warrior, is completely opposite of what paladins should look like.

The funny thing is, you get half the items that look like they were found on a site of a bombed down troll village from G'eras. Why is Naaru handing out troll items? *puzzled*

Oh well, I guess "Let's get silly with these designs and then tickle each other" is the new daily motto of Blizzard.

I'm definitely passing on shoulders and if I ever decide to wear the helm, I'm keeping it turned off. That should solve half of the problems. The other problem is that my pinkish blue Boots of Protector look absolutely awful on light brown pants... Eh... fashionistas.
_________________
Alacia
Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:15 am
/Signed
While I can't say the parts I have atm are that noticeable while tanking (the cloak does look pretty nice at least), it does suck when looking at character select screen or just standing around in cities.

Guess I'll have to find a way to get my hands on some T6, as that's an upgrade in both looks and stats over the badge gear Razz
_________________
Levantine
Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:08 am
*cough* Reskinning *cough*

Imeanwhat?

Seriously, all the cool kids do it. Smile
_________________
Worldie
Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:01 am
Yes the chest sucks.

But it's nothing that a purple tabard can't fix.

However i appreciate being of "one colour" so as long as it's all brown i'll be happy. If i have to mix pink with brown i will not.
_________________

Comma
Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:26 am
I think those shoulders look cute, the chest is disgusting however.
_________________
Cimzar
Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:50 am
The chest is a moot point, since any tabard will cover about 90% of it.

The tanking helm off of the witchdoctor is actually cool enough in my opinion that I might turn my helm graphics back ON after over a year and a half of having them turned off...

Everyone has different tastes, and while the power ranger look has been an ongoing theme with pallies, I like this change of pace for gear. If you don't, no one is forcing you to even step in the gates of ZA.
_________________
<3 Bram

The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Paladin!
Guillex
Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:16 am
I, for one, don't really care about what armor I'm wearing.

If it keeps me alive, that means it's doing its job... which means that I can do my job... which means the raid is able to do its job.

Looks aren't everything. New patch = new content = new playground for the graphic designers. I wasn't around for the opening of aq20/40, but I'm sure that people hated the bug armor too.

If you're that into aesthetics, then reskin. What else is there for you to do... Be a superb tank in sub-par gear because you're reticent to roll based on looks? C'mon... Think about it.
_________________
Official thread killer

Gracerath
Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:53 am
Makes me feel like the day I took my first step into outland and replaced some of my awesome looking ZG armor + Ossirian shoulders with random fugly greens that had amazing stats. I've given up trying to look cool. Jungle hobo it is.
_________________
Aina
Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:08 am
Isn't reskinning bannable?
halabar
Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:30 am
Can someone post a pic of the sets for the firewall-challenged set of us?..