Skip to content
Maintankadin

Illidari Rune Shield from Trash in BT

Afraithe
Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:01 pm

Illidari Rune Shield from Trash in BT

I didn't think this shield dropped from trash in BT, but I just got it on the trash right before Shade of Akama!!! Change in patch maybe? I badly needed shield upgrade, so thats great!
_________________
Aalryn
Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:42 pm
Yea it's a trash drop in BT. It was just added to the loot tables.

Looks more like a pre-archimonde elemental shaman shield more than a paladin tank shield. Personally I'll stick with my kazrogal's hardened heart eventually upgrading to illidan's shield. All of which are available at around the same time in progression, so I really dont understand why the runeshield exists.
_________________
Official tankadin of The Core <Tichondrius>
Kaelie
Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:48 pm
You'd be surprised how much some guilds dick around with their progression. You could be doing BT trash for a month or two before you even see Illidan.

(Generalizing from my abyssmal raid experiences in Karazhan/Gruul's, of course. I hate my server. Sad )
_________________

Afraithe
Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:14 pm
We have cleared MH quite a few times, but the shield has not dropped. So we have 2 warriors that need it badly, and I got this dirt cheep DPK, while I would have had to spend more or less all my DKP on the MH shield.

We are on RoS in BT at the moment.
_________________
Worldie
Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:16 pm
That shield is quite interesting, but the one from ZA and from KazRogal are way better.

And personally i also prefer my ALD to it since i lack defence.

However should it drop i'll pick it for Hyjal, extra armor, block and spelldamage are always welcome.
_________________

PsiVen
Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:09 pm
I think it was a solid dozen Kaz'rogal kills before we got our first shield. I wouldn't really call tank shields easy to come by, and this is after we saw more Aldori Legacy Defenders than most I've talked to. I do agree that it's odd, because it is flatly inferior to Archimonde's shield in most situations which isn't even itemized for tanking. They could have at least given it defense instead of intellect.
_________________



Roll a warrior, eh? What a good idea...
Afraithe
Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:43 am
I did Karazhan with 2 different chars, and never saw the shield from Nightbane on any of them. Ive done Gruul with the ALT group on our guild since this summer, and other Gruul's before that, and never seen the shield.

I would have had to pass the MH shield to the Warrior main tank anyway (altho I have more DKP than him), it would just be stupid and selfish to take the shield before him.

This allows me to save DKP and use it on other T6 parts instead, I badly need to upgrade my legs and gloves for example.
_________________
Lore
Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:52 am
Gear threads go in gear forum! Otherwise unsuspecting players might make extra posts!

*cough*
_________________
Me, LOL!
Aalryn
Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:14 am
I do hate the random loot system. I do hope they move to more of a token turn in substitute sytem like za.

You guys never get that shield, meanwhile we disenchant them. At the same time its been 22 weeks now with no boots or belt from BT
_________________
Official tankadin of The Core <Tichondrius>
Lansky
Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:12 am
I currently have every spell damage shield in game and we have begun DE'ing Archimonde's as of like a month ago. We can't even give it away for free to anyone at this point.

I have been next in line for Illidan and Kaz shields for um... I don't want to think about it.
_________________
Lansky BE Paladin Mannoroth
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Lansky