Skip to content
Maintankadin

Is Stormcaller worth getting?

Viskahn
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:41 pm

Is Stormcaller worth getting?

Finally hit exalted with Thrallmar nonight - mostly just for the hell of it - and have been trying to decide whether it is worth spending some gold on buying and enchanting a Stormcaller.
Currently i have a bog standard Crystalforged Sword (with 40 spelldamage of course) and i just cant decide whether its worth getting a slightly higher threat weapon at the cost of stamina and block rating, especially with the monetary cost involved as well. Any thoughts?
_________________

(if the figures are terrible, im in my loldps gear, obviously)
Dorvan
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:49 pm
It's certainly a threat upgrade, but the Lower City Gavel is a better weapon for a Pally Tank (more stam, and a lot cheaper to boot!)
fuzzygeek
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:52 pm
I have one that I use when tanking heroics and in threat intensive fights. I prefer it to the LC gavel because of the weapon speed and I like swords ^_^
_________________
Rainge
Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:17 am
I used Stormcaller for a good long time. The LC gavel has more stamina, but I got the sword first and never found the tiny amount of stamina to be worth investing in another 40 SD enchant.
_________________
arie
Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:25 am
The sword will also serve as an excellent aoe grinding weapon due to the speed, and swords just look better than 1h maces(yes thats a subjective statement :p). If you already have either of the two, don't spend the gold for the other; and similarly if you have the rep for one and not the other, don't bother grinding rep for the other.
_________________
Garwin
Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:57 am
personally if you've got the crystalforge sword then the storm caller & enchant doesn't offer enough of a benifit to warrent the cash, it doesn't really fill a specific job well enough. If you really want a high threat weapon the lower city/S1 hammer is a better choise.