Skip to content
Maintankadin

Uncrusable - Faking it

dav_sfc
Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:53 pm

Uncrusable - Faking it

Hello All,

I am just about to hit 70, i have a list of questable and rep-able gear to get me to 490 defense but reaching the 102.4% uncrushable mark is IMPOSSIBLE with regular quested gear and rep gear..... unless.... you fake it!

So what I'm thinking will work, is this....

I got http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30300 and this http://www.wowhead.com/?item=25787 which give me a temporary boost to my dodge(10%) and block(15.8%). I was thinking of using the Charm of Alacrity instead of Regal Protectorate http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28042 because i can spare the Def and still be at 490.
I think using these trinkets is the only way to boost yourself to 102.4 temporarily if you have just hit 70 and have not had the time to get enough +dodge gear or block gear.

Is 10~20 seconds uncrushable per 1.5 minutes enough to get you through any boss fights with good drops?

PS: I tend to keep my posts in the realm of crazy because you pretty much have all the 'normal' questions covered! Looking forward to feedback though! or laughs... whichever!
Bobness
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:17 am
Just to let you know 102.4% is not impossible with quested gear.


I hit 103.5% & 11.5k unbuffed without any Drops & without the libram, my only concession was the Tankatronic Goggles, saving these I could have switched to the Shield of the Wayward footman & dropped about 300hp. You pretty much just have to search around.


The most irritatingly useful item for uncrushable pre-Kara is the quest drop from BM.


However uncrushable is only desirable for after the first few bosses in Kara.
_________________
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodhoof&n=Bobness
JacobHC
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:19 am
I may be off the mark here, but it seems like you're shooting for uncrushability for normal 5-man instances. In which case, don't sweat it.

None of the <= L72 mobs will crush you, so you can head into the 70 instances to get the gear you need for uncrushability in Karazhan and beyond.
_________________
Belinos
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:21 am
Really? I can get Uncrush/critable in quest/5 man gear? I must have missed a few pcs. Sad

Can someone give me an example....
Alacia
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:21 am
The thing is, you don't need to be uncrushable (you can't even get crushed except by raid mobs as long as your base Defense is at 350) or even uncrittable (but it helps) to run normal or even heroic (at that point you should be uncrittable though) instances.
You can even get by without uncrushable for early raids (about first half of Kara is what I hear), but you should try to get uncrushable as fast as possible once you start raiding.

Edit: Meh, I'm a slow poster Razz I think what Bobness meant is pre-raid (or possibly pre-heroic) gear, considering the values listed.
_________________
Eliane
Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:38 am
Just a little warning. If anyone in your raid is using a mod like Recount, he will see each and every crushing blow you've taken.

Like others have said, you dont have t worry about crushing blows in normal or heroic 5man instances tho.
_________________
dav_sfc
Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:45 am

I should look harder!

I threw in the IMPOSSIBLE in caps not because i was sure but because i wasn't sure! (i seldom make sense, sorry) so thanks to those who pointed out it is possible!
i did take a quick look but thought you need about +200 dodge rating and/or about 90 block rating (total guestimations there after looking at 102.4 pallies on the armory) to get 102.4 and looking at my gear i would be at about 120 dodge and about 30 block so assumed i was miles off and it couldn't be done. I'll take another look and see what i need for 490 and 102.4 that i can get from quests.

Looks too like ill only be needed 102.4 in raids. This is what i want to be doing but again... i thought i was miles off this.
Once we do hit 102.4% what is stopping us MT the hardest bosses, heroics etc? I want to hear a big 'Nothing!' here.

When do quested blue items not cut it in raids? and is there plenty of epic gear available to us from the bosses we can tank in our blue gear?

Crazy noob ramblings over.....
I ask the stupid questions... so you don't have to!
dav_sfc
Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:52 am
Oh, and i forgot to mention, i didn't actually know that you couldn't get a crushing blow in 5-mans! Thanks for that info!

I think I've been looking at this all wrong. I was thinking we all wanted 490 Def and 102.4% because it is the holy grail no matter what you are doing. Back to +def and +spell gear till I'm raiding then!

Now... a guild mad enough to let me MT in a raid... offers??...... [silence]
Bobness
Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:40 am
Ok I may botch something slightly As i Can't see b'hind the Firewall where I am now, but this was "pretty" much my setup for 11.5k uncrushable before Heroics/Kara


Tankatronic Goggles + COT Dodge/Def enchant
Strength of The Untamed/Ravenguard (rep Cenarion expedition)
Righteous Shoulders (x2 SSOE) + Aldor Rep enchant / Drop Botanica
Vindicators Breastplate/Jadeskull (+ 150 Health Aldor Rep/Mechnaar Drop)
Quest Gloves From Shattered Halls (+8 sta)
Quest Waist from completing Arca Chain
Devilsaur Cape (SV + 12 Agi)
Flesh Metal Greaves from Mana Tombs Quest (+12 Sta)
Timewardens Leggings (x3 SSOE) Rep with COT
Adamantine Colossus/Debri's enigma (Drop SL or quest)
Figurine of the Colossus (Drop SH)
Elementium band of the Sentry (Drop Arca)
Andormo's Tear (Quest BM)
Shatar Rep Shield (2 x SSOE + 18 Sta enchant)
CrystalForged Blade (AH + 40 Spl Damage)
Libram (Consecration + 47 Drop Sethk Halls)


Obviously I required repeated runs to get some of these items, but I decided I would get the gear b'fore setting foot in Kara.


You can also suppliment Your Hp's with Spicy Crawdads (+30 Sta)
_________________
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodhoof&n=Bobness