Skip to content
Maintankadin

Bracers...

Erd
Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:07 am

Bracers...

Before I start, I have 4 sets of tank gear. Each set uses mostly the same pieces but some gear is switched out depending on the situation and set.

- Off-Tank set (spell DMG)
- HP set (maximum HP while still uncrushable and uncritable)
- Avoidence set (maximum avoidence, most of the time, I am in this set)
- Block set (for farming/AoE mobs)

I currently have 2 bracers.

[Vambraces of Courage] (HP set, Block set, Avoidence set)
[Bracers of Dignity] (Off-Tank set)

I understand why people would want to get the new badge bracers becuase of the expertise rating. 22 expertise.

According to the thread posted earlier by Dorvin, 1 expertise rating is ~.061% threat. So, 22 expertise rating is 1.342% threat increase. The bracers of dignity have 19 spell damage. According to Dorvin, 1 spell damage provides about .5 tps. So 19 spell damage is a 9.5 tps.

So, which bracer is better for threat? I am guessing the badge one? Forget about the 45 stam on it, I would only get it for the expertise rating.

I must be confused or something but I would think that the badge bracer is better for threat (my OT set). However Dorvin said in his conclusion that Spell Damage > Expertise Rating. Could someone help me out? Also, since this could be part of my new OT set, should I get the spell damage enchant?

Also one more thing,

At what point should I start substituting threat gear with avoidence gear?
fuzzygeek
Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:40 am
If you have twice as much threat as #2 on omen, you can start going for more avoidance.

Why not consider 15 spell damage on the bracers, so you get both expertise and some sd? If stam isn't a major consideration, as you say.
_________________