Skip to content
Maintankadin

Badges of justice rewards, loss of threat.

Merodyn
Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:10 am

Badges of justice rewards, loss of threat.

So... I'm getting very excited when i look at the new badges of justice rewards, especially the legs/chest/bracers.

Right now i got about 450 spell damage unbuffed, and it feels like i would loose alot of threat if i'd change my gear for some of these badge loots. What i mainly wonder is what people think about this.

Is it worth replacing Belt of Guardian/boots of protector with the new rewards?

Will it be worth replacing Bracers of dignity(heroic Arcatraz loot) with the new badges of justice bracers, that got expertice. I mean would loose another 23 spell dmg >.<


Thanks if someone can give me tips.
_________________
Lansky
Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:19 am
Worst case scenario you always have wizard oil and such. Always get the best gear you can in slot and then if needed you can always swap in the old gear if you need more threat. That said the chest, bracers, belt, boots are all excellent threat items and I really don't see any issue here.
_________________
Lansky BE Paladin Mannoroth
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Lansky
fuzzygeek
Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:47 am
You've got a boat load of spell damage. The amount of threat you need only needs to be slightly higher than your DPS can putout; there's no sense in having lol5748754878406 threat when 2nd place has 549584.

If your dps and the content you're doing requires you to have that much spell damage, then you're in a pickle. I have around 320 dpell damage in my heroics set, and I roll with folks who routinely do 950+ sustained DPS.

That being said, I'm keeping my belt of the guardian. I don't have protector boots, but am getting the badge boots. And if you rully want the stam and expertise on the bracers (not as important for us as for warriors, but still very nice for us), why not put +15 spell damage on them instead of stam?
_________________
Ralthos
Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:09 pm
Depending on the content you're looking to tank, the spell damage thing is a non-issue. I tank Kara/Gruul's/Mag with about 230 and do just fine, as the DPS can't out-threat me at that level of gear.

The heroic pieces are only really upgrades for that level of content, anyway. Realistically, you should be fine. Yes, the Expertise bracers are an upgrade over Dignity, and a substantial one, at that.
_________________
Mahale
Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:12 pm
really the bracer's are good?

I kinda looked at them as a crappy item. No gem slots and all.
_________________
Lugnut
Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:04 pm
for the bracers the expertise will more then likely make up the threat lost for 23 spelldamage long with incoming damage due to less parries.

honestly get two sets of gear then mix and match, a high avoidance/stam set for bosses, high block val/threat for trash etc

hybrids carry alot of gear, us being tanks even furthers this
_________________