Skip to content
Maintankadin

% Block

Cecill
Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:45 pm

% Block

Whats the use of having extra block % after uncrushable. Does it add to block value also? Because if im not mistaken if you are uncrushable you are always at least blocking partial damage.
_________________
Aalryn
Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:54 pm
the use is if you are aoe tanking and constantly using up your holy shield charges. apart from that it's really of no use. That is why the majority of end game paladins tend to replace their heroic badge libram with the sharahz one.


Once you reach uncrushable it is of more use to replace gear with +block value with +dodge & parry gear.
_________________
Official tankadin of The Core <Tichondrius>
Utena
Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:46 pm
Just a note.

If Holy Shield is down because for some reason or other, you've been hit over 8 times in 10 seconds, odds are very strong that you've got Redoubt up. And +30% to block is the same any way you slice it.
_________________
My new 0/46/15 build
Juliette
Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:18 pm
Am I right in saying that Block Rating is the most desired of the 3 avoidance stats for keeping aggro because it procs BoSanc? Obviously it's not Dodge because you aren't getting hit. I know Parry is Parry, but does it really do anything other than...say parry? Lol
_________________
Fearonir
Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:27 pm
In all truthfulness I don't really use BoSanc in 25 mans outside of Tidewalker's murlocs. Well, I use it if there's 3 or more Paladins and I can get Kings from one of them.

I think the stat desire also depends on where you are progression wise as well. Block Rating is the easiest way to get to uncrushable, once you're there and have better gear coming in, I think it's generally accepting that as a raid boss tank that dodge/parry are more desirable.
_________________