Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tanking Rings

Luprey
Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:10 am
I'd say the first two are better in general. They offer more mitigration and stamina. The armor bonus on the signet isn't really that much Confused
_________________
Luprey
Paladin
Runetotem (US)
Zhalseran
Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:18 am
I'm convinced the Violet Eye tank ring is designed for bears
_________________
Aalryn
Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:33 am
I finally hit exalted with hyjal last night so was finally able to switch to the tank ring and was looking at my two rings to see which to replace. I actually came to the realization that the 7th ring is the 2nd best pali ring available at this time. Supremus in bt drops a high stamina ring, but it really doesnt look good for us. I actially think i have the two rings now that will take me into sunwell.
_________________
Official tankadin of The Core <Tichondrius>
Inferno255
Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:53 am
I always use Seventh Ring of Tirisfalen and I switch between Band of Eternity/Sundered souls depending on what I'm tanking.
_________________
Tiandelin
Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:21 am
Amazing. Add me to the list of people who just got the Ring of Sundered Souls. Picked mine up on Wednesday.

SRotT always seemed like more of an AoE tanking ring to me, and it's definitely on my list for that. I try to avoid block rating in my general tanking sets as long as it doesn't make me crushable, since those points are basically wasted.

Personally, I'd use RoSS and the signet for bosses. For AoE tanking, the RoSS and the SRotT.
_________________
Lansky
Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:02 pm
SRotT is really quite bad once you don't need the BR for uncrushable and are not AE tanking. It is one of, if not the best ring for AE tanking however. For non AE tanking it has a very low Def Rating, no avoidance, no bonus armor, and a relatively low Stam value as you move on. Bonus armor is not that great but its better than the BV on SRotT for mitigation and the BR is pushed off the table for me.

I am a believer of avoidance and building spell damage for threat as opposed to depending on holy shield.
_________________
Lansky BE Paladin Mannoroth
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Lansky