Skip to content
Maintankadin

16k HP Unbuffed, Uncrushable Pre-Karazhan

moduspwnens
Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:48 pm

16k HP Unbuffed, Uncrushable Pre-Karazhan

Sounds crazy, right? Well with the new 2.3 buffs and gear, it's quite possible. Here's a spreadsheet showing where it all comes from:

http://www.bennlinger.com/wow/paladin.htm

If that's too many numbers, here's the summary of stats:

HP: 15997
Mana: 4473
Armor: 14753
Avoidance (Miss / Dodge / Parry): 52.83%
Spell Damage: 238
Uncrushable


You'll also see the heroic badge cost and solid stars amount. This isn't an _optimum_ gear set, but simply the gear I'm shooting for, hopefully within a few minutes of logging on after 2.3 goes live. I've already got the trinkets and goggles, and I know they're expensive, but I leveled to 70 on instances alone, so I had (and still have) a good bit of extra quest revenue to farm. You'll also notice I haven't become exalted with Aldor yet. With this potential, it seems clear to me that Protection Paladins who are really committed to proving themselves certainly have the ability to do so. Absolutely no raid gear, although in 2.3 it will make things go much faster with the 400 badge allocation.

Disclaimer: First off, I included the new Combat Expertise 10% stam buff, and used it multiplicatively, i.e., (Stamina from Gear x 1.06 x 1.10 + Base Stamina = Total Stamina), as I've heard it is applied this way, and that may not be the case. Even if not, though, it won't a monumental change in total HP. Also, Scorpid Sting is applied. I raid on a 70 hunter, and it's quite easy to apply and keep up. For the purpose of being sure, though, I'd recommend keeping an extra shield with avoidance stats and perhaps the Sun Eater just in case it can't be applied. You could argue this is 5% under uncrushable, but it's just block that would get pushed off the table when Scorpid Sting is applied.

EDIT: Bonefist Gauntlets have only two gem slots.
_________________
Warsong US
Dorvan
Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:02 pm
Bonefist Gauntlets only have 2 sockets. Other than than it's a nice gear list, although I think the pre-Kara premise is a little silly since it's a lot faster and easier to start collecting Kara gear than it is to collect 400 badges. Razz
Invisusira
Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:12 pm
I honestly never considered most heroics "pre-kara"... especially since some of them are HARDER than kara lawls

Pre-kara to me means, like, blues. D3 et all.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
amae
Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:10 pm
Interesting gear, however you don't hit the defense cap of 490 coming 3 shy. A small oversight perhaps?
Dorvan
Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:01 pm
Indeed, my point wasn't that the Kara gear was better (the new heroic badge gear certainly wins on that count), but that setting up a "pre-Kara" list based on building up lots and lots of heroic gear while avoiding using an Kara pieces is rather artificial, as there's no reason to wait on entering Kara until you've finished gathering the gear set (on the contrary, Kara would be quite boring if you did so, you'd be better off jumping straight to ZA or SSC/TK). The gear list is fine, I just find the premise rather strange.
Erlata
Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:42 am
The one thing you lot may be missing with this new "imba badge gear" is that it's fine to be uncritable and uncrushable but there is no point getting all that gear if u want to raid. As you will not have good agro on things at all. our T4 stuff is full of agro and ideal for tanking any heroic or TK/
SCC I would take set gear over random tank stuff just for the spell dmg factor. who cares if you gain an extra 1k hp over a warrior if you can't hold agro of a boss Smile

Edit: i would get some badge stuff but i wouldn't go crazy on it only take badge stuff with +spell dmg really.
_________________


http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&n=Erlata