Skip to content
Maintankadin

WOD weapon enchantment uptimes

Tar-Leim
Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:29 pm

WOD weapon enchantment uptimes

I understand bonus armor is the default choice for weapon enchants. I'm just looking to verify uptime numbers between it and mastery. Is it possible that mastery may come out ahead (doubtful at current gear levels) or at least might it be worthwhile to keep a second weapon around with the other enchant for specific fights?
KysenMurrin
Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:33 am

Re: WOD weapon enchantment uptimes

They've just nerfed Mastery fairly significantly (0.75% to 0.5% damage reduction), which will probably knock that one out of contention.
Worldie
Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:38 am

Re: WOD weapon enchantment uptimes

Plus mechanically wise, Mastery is only effective if you have ShoR up or heal during the proc, while armor is effective for 100% of the proc uptime.
Lastwolf
Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:32 am

Re: WOD weapon enchantment uptimes

but only can proc if you are below 50% hp, how that will effect the proc rate seems like it'll be significant, I mean my HP is up and down but I don't spend alot of time below 50%.
Tar-Leim
Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: WOD weapon enchantment uptimes

Also the Grand Crusader buff increases holy power which should improve ShoR uptime.
Extermi
Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:23 am

Re: WOD weapon enchantment uptimes

Mastery is also increasing the block chance (and even provides an offensive bouns), so this is definitely useful the whole fight. It is still an attractive stat - yet not as superior as it was before. Now we have a choice again - I personally still like to get to a hich block rate, but the speed tanking seems also attactive now.

Bck to the topic, would still be interested to hear if the armor proc happens with a high enough chance at 50% and below, where you need it most. If the chance is 100% then the enchant is really good, if not I would probably prefer mastery.
Lastwolf
Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:55 am

Re: WOD weapon enchantment uptimes

it's really expensive to test it out right now, but I will tell you when I get to raids :D
Tar-Leim
Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:10 am

Re: WOD weapon enchantment uptimes

Yeah, wish they'd hurry up activate the hotfix to nerf the mats requirement