I've been thinking of stuff to do during this lull at the end of xpac, and challenge modes I find interesting. The premise is that skill>gear. This may be a facepalmingly obvious statement, but I wonder how many actually apply this premise across all parts of the game.
Someone on twitter asked this morning "Is LFR bad because of laziness or stupidity?", and I was reminded of a Greedy Goblin post, About M&S, which got me re-reading Gevlon's other posts, like The Myth of Gear. Short story for those that don't know, Gevlon started a raid called Undergeared which only equipped blue items with no epic gems, expensive enchants, or exalted shoulder enchants. They cleared ICC 5man Heroics, Ulduar, ToT, Onyxia, and most of ICC.
I've also been hearing complaints about people in SoO LFR, or even ToT LFR only having Timeless gear. This is the new "LFM Lower Spire 5k gs required". I'm just tired of hearing it.
As such, I think this undergeared concept can be updated to the new stuff fairly easily, and probably cheaper. Unfortunately there are already guilds named <Timeless> and <Undergeared> on Proudmoore, so I went with <Skilled> which might seem a bit presumptuous, but it is the goal to prove skill is much, much better than gear.
Allowed gear will be:
496 Timeless gear plus 1 535 item (the one guaranteed Burning Ember),
Timeless weapons (476 now, will be 489).
Justice gear, including Dominance Offensive.
450-463 blues.
Prohibited gear will be:
Any raid gear, at any difficulty level.
Legendary capes.
Valor gear.
Gear dropped off world bosses.
Seasonal items.
BoE items.
My goal is to put together at least 10 people who can commit to the concept to raid Flex SoO 1 night a week.
Any thoughts?
Kal
Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:42 am
