Good day!
My name is Tonkedin and here is my armory link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... n/advanced
My guild is starting 10man normal SoO this week and I would love if some of the pallytanking gurus could give me some advice regarding a few things with my gear and my playstyle. I just started trying to use Simcraft, but I still need to read ALOT of guides to even know what I am doing.
I have cleared normal 10man and I am using the control/haste build. I have a few dodge/parry pieces I want to replace with haste-plate as soon as I get them, these pieces were upgrades to inferior hasteplate LFR or flex items. I normally run with a flex Rook's talisman in the spot of juggernaughts focusing crystal, rocking 2x stam trinkets allows me to hit 44% haste raidbuffed and slightly over 1mil hp.
I am trying to get 4 piece together but have been very unlucky with tier piece drops.
My first question is:
How much of an upgrade should an item be for me to replace the a tierpiece and break my current 2 piece bonus? (keeping the replaced tier piece for when 4 piece is fully assembled and I can rock the set)
My second question is:
Thok is a real bastard, but one day one he drops me his tail tip(even the LFR version would be nice), would pairing it with a 10HC version of spark of the zandalari(Horridon is a bastard too) be preferable to Vial of living corruption(flex) paired with either of the previously mentioned trinkets? It's nice having 1mil hp, but I feel comfortable with a lot less in the easier 10man normal SoO encounters. I am also of the opinion that tank dps can make make a difference and if I have more survivability than an encounter requires, I should be able to take some of that and put it elsewhere, like into my dps or healing( Upon tankswapping I also HoS and 3-5 stack EF my co-tank if I can, always trying to adapt my playstyle to boost the raid's performance)
My third question is:
If I get a normal 553 Thranok's helm, would it be a upgrade in respect to my build as haste/control to replace my current helm which is warforged dodge/parry helm with it?
This leads me to the following follow up question: If I get that helm I will be socketing it with DPS legendary meta if it does not replace my current helm, and using it for Ret. Would I see any substantial dps gain in Prot to use the dps meta on farm-encounters, like flex and HC ToT fights?
And my last question is regarding weapon enchants. From what I have read so far the difference between dancing steel and windsong is marginal but at higher haste levels windsong starts pulling ahead? I would just like that someone confirms this for me ^^. I am hopefully getting a decent weapon drop this week and want to put windsong on it.
Any constructive tips regarding my gearing, enchanting and gemming will be appreciated !
Thanks
Tonkedin
Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:22 am
