I dont know. Overall, I think it is a great idea to get rid of these hit/expertise stats that you always have to cap, resulting in crazy reforging once a new piece drops. Just be able to equip something once its drops, like in the past, is great.
But there should still be some variance in the gear, making it more suited to say avoiding attacks, living through them, making more DPS at the cost of some survivability etc. I always enjoyed mixing in some Ret gear (or in the old WoW, spellpower gear) to somewhat balance PS vs survivability, and I also liked the old block rating giving you a choice to optimize on bosses vs. adds.
So with Tank and DPS gear even getting more similar (stats switching on respec) I fear that there is just the item level of any relevance, and then some random "third tier stats". I have been playing Diablo III for a short while and was really frustrated how even a legendary can be crap compared to a green with good rolls on the tertiary stats. In fact, there is a factor of 5 or more in DPS between otherwise identical pieces if just the tertiary stats multiply up best.
So one hope (getting rid of this reforging drama) and two fears (items that are too similar but get insanely powerful on random stats combinations). Looking forward to the PTR

Extermi