Skip to content
Maintankadin

A Simple Gear List for Normal Modes

Kal
Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:37 pm

A Simple Gear List for Normal Modes

I find many of the BIS lists kind of irrelevant for my situation, as my group won't blow through normal modes and put them on farm, but we will be clearing it all soon enough and starting heroics. What I do for a BIS list is I use Ask Mr Robot, excluding Warforged, heroic, and world boss items, as I can't really rely on the chances of those items to drop. I just consider items that drop on normal mode, since I won't be rolling any tokens in LFR or Flex, except for trinkets and a better shield (currently 510 still).

My primary goals is completing normal mode, with a secondary goal of getting ready for heroics. My list informs me of what to roll my tokens on, what to pass on if I think someone else can use it better, and what to insist to my raid team that this is indeed BIS tank gear. In parentheses I note what spec to roll the token as, and whether it's BIS or just a good early option to take before BIS drops.

Main Hand: Haromm's Frozen Crescent- Dark Shaman (prot, early), Siegecrafter's Forge Hammer - Blackfuse (prot, bis)
Off Hand: Shield of Mockery- Sha (prot, early), Bulwark of the Fallen General - Nazgrim (bis)
Head: Thranok's Shattering Helm - Galakras (ret, off-set), Faceguard of Winged Triumph - Thok (tier)
Neck: Choker of the Final Word- Sha (prot, early), Juggernaut's Ignition Keys - Juggernaut (ret, bis),
Shoulder: Darkfallen Shoulderplates - Galakras (ret or prot, off-set), Shoulderguards of Winged Triumph - Blackfuse (tier)
Back: Qian-Ying, Fortitude of Niuzao - (bis)
Chest: Chestplate of Congealed Corrosion - Immerseus (ret, early), Chestguard of Winged Triumph - Sha (tier)
Wrist: Bubble-Burst Bracers - Immerseus (ret, bis)
Hands: Corruption-Rotted Gauntlets - Immerseus (ret, off-set), Handguards of Winged Triumph - Nazgrim (tier)
Waist: Poisonbinder Girth - Protectors (ret, early), Ashen Wall Girdle - Dark Shaman (prot, ring/weapon roll), Demolisher's Reinforced Belt - Juggernaut (ret, bis)
Legs: Legplates of Unthinking Strife - Garrosh (ret, off-set) Legguards of Winged Triumph - Paragons (tier)
Feet: Treads of Unchained Hate - Immerseus (prot, early), Malkorok's Giant Stompers - Malkorok (ret or prot, bis)
Ring 1: Asgorathian Blood Seal - Blackfuse (ret, bis)
Ring 2: Galakrond Control Band - Galakras (prot, early), Ring of the Iron Tomb, Dark Shaman (prot, early), Bloodclaw Band - Dark Shaman (prot or ret, bis)
Trinket 1: Vial of Living Corruption - Malkorok (any mode, prot, bis)
Trinket 2: Rook's Unlucky Talisman - Protectors (prot, bis)

I am pursuing 4 set with the head slot off-set, especially since it's BIS option drops early. *edit* See comments for off-tier options.

Technically Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal is the second best trinket for the stat weights I used (the medium Stamina option), and I certainly won't let it go to D/E, as it might turn out useful, but for now I plan on continuing to use double Stamina trinkets.

It looks like if I get all or at least most of my BIS before hitting heroic modes, I'll be well over 1 million health with 33.8% Haste and 31.6% Mastery,

My Ask Mr Robot link with this BIS setup.
daishan
Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:11 am

Re: A Simple Gear List for Normal Modes

Personally I'm aiming for legs as my off piece.
Tier helm and gloves have haste so they're top of my list, tier legs only have 2 sockets were as there's some haste non tier legs with 3 sockets.
Just my thoughts on it.

Edit: don't forget that helm you have has a strength socket bonus instead of our tier helms 270 stam bonus.
Kal
Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:20 am

Re: A Simple Gear List for Normal Modes

I chose helm as the offset by selecting all five prot tier pieces, then checking each for another BIS option, helm was the only slot with a better option. Except that I picked the ret tier helm, so of course none of the others could be better.

Considering all 5 pieces as prot tier, switching out 1 slot for BIS (this AMR model) would be choosing between:
Head: +121 +68
Shoulder: +251
Chest: +283
Hands: +23
Legs: +633

So clearly the legs are the BIS offset piece. Thank you very much for pointing this out. This is one of the reasons I posted it.

The problem is, they drop off Garrosh, and that's not very accessible to a "casual-hardcore" raider that only got 4 Lei Shen kills. Second to that though, I guess shoulders or chest are the next place to look. I'll edit this to show both off-set and tier options, instead of making a strict BIS call.