I didn't really see this around and I've been getting hammered with "what's your BiS list looking like next tier?" So I was hoping to open the discussion here as there is quite the confidence floating around our beloved community that Haste cap will be so easily reached next tier, that people are already thinking so far ahead of how they will gem/reforge etc after reaching that cap (50% or 21250 rating).
I'm going to play the guy who tells you there's no Santa Claus for a moment and tell you the truth that -- reaching Haste cap is not really easily doable next tier. At least, not nearly as much as some people think. A big culprit in outlining this problem is the trinket itemization next tier, with the loss of Spark/Feather we take a meaty Haste hit. However, there's always a silver lining.
I spent some time yesterday drawing together a preliminary BiS list with 4PT16 (used for obvious reasons, please refer to the raging EF vs SS debate), and the "hold your breath" haste results were pretty flaccid.
As quick glance, and without proper reforging/gemming for hit/exp caps, here is my unofficial and not finalized T16 BiS list.
http://ptr.wowhead.com/list=189590/new-list
There are some things to note here.
- Everything is WF (warforged, the new thunderforged) Heroic gear with double upgrades.
- We use the 2 BoA weapon/shield items, which are NOT upgrade-able but still yield more net Haste over the upgradeable weapons/shields available due to double sockets.
- We are using the tank legendary cloak, any other cloak has haste on it and will yield in the range of 600-650 haste if used.
- We're using the Juggernaut trinket in order to squeeze out some more haste here, when realistically the CD reduction trinket will be equally if not more viable often, which has stam and no haste. On that note, there's 5 viable prot trinkets next tier, and we will use them all depending on the fight frankly, so trinket slots add a further wild card to trying to haste cap.
- There's a couple of areas you can gem full haste and forgo the socket bonus, such as legs, but I personally always satisfy blue sockets with some stam. Stam is always good as a tank, and if it helps pick up a small bonus there's no reason not to.
- I'm sure there's a slightly more efficient way to reforge, but nothing that would yield a mass amount of haste. This was just slapped together for display/consideration purposes on this subject.
- Keep in mind that's a human with a sword, so if that doesn't apply to you you will need another 340 expertise.
- Finally, the percentage bonus from Thok's haste is not calculated in the haste number there, that must be done manually. The wf-heroic double upgraded trinket yields 9% haste. That's 18807 * 1.09 = 20500 haste (48.23%). Still a bit shy of cap.
- (I'm sure I'm forgetting something >>)
So is it possible to haste cap then next tier? Sure, there's things you can do.
- Not use 4-piece and get off-pieces with innate haste on them.
- Use Spark from last tier in the second trinket slot.
- Use another legendary cloak.
- Use the caster haste trinket as your second slot.
- Use more haste gear with crit on it.
- (Other stuff I'm forgetting)
Is it worth doing some of those things just for Haste cap? Probably not. Keep in mind, we also have the option to use haste elixirs (which will just barely take you over cap), and our haste windsong proc also starts to put us well over cap, which although minimal, probably will have a tiny impact on rotation during the uptime. And again, don't forget, these are all double upgraded wf heroic pieces, something that many won't get close to achieving due to progression and luck with wf gear.
Also, apologies ahead of time if this was talked about elsewhere and I missed it, I've seen it brushed lightly in other threads only. Hopefully that's not the case though.
Edit: Trinkets are a bit of a strange point atm, and the more I thought of it the more consideration I gave to some trinkets that you wouldn't think belong, that might actually belong, which consequently would help easily reach haste cap and more in this build. You can refer to http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33490&p=772361#p772361 for those thoughts.
Slootbag
Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:17 pm

