I want to start off by saying that I have read alot of threads about paladin threat, and the general consensus seems to be the following:
"Paladins have low spiky aoe threat, but has good single target threat."
Now, I want to invite you to my world of nightmares, tanking with a BrM in ToT HC.
My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... n/advanced
BrM armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... m/advanced
Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zfwj ... 868&e=4244 (This is solo tanking Durumu 10HC)
I originally played Prot Warrior (I will leave out my rants about warrior threat here), but switched to Prot Pala mid ToT progression, which is the reason why I havent gotten socket in wep or legendary meta.
So I have been tanking with this BrM for about 6 months now, and from the start, it has been clear to me, that BrM has very potent threat building capabilities, and if I slack off even for a seceond, I loose aggro straight away. It seems to be Keg smash that causes most of the problems, since after many discussions about threat, he simply delays the keg smash after a taunt swap, until its "safe" to use it again.
So the problem I'm having, is that it feels like I'm never "safe" when it comes to threat. Im following my threat meter closely, and it feels like it doesnt matter how long I tank, he seems to be able to hover just below me all the time. This ofc creates alot of situations where he doesnt "wait long enough" after a taunt swap, bad luck with crits etc, and simply takes aggro back again, either after 5 seconds, or after X seconds.
Early in the fights, where we both have somewhat equal threat, if I taunt the boss, pop AW/HAveng, I can keep him off my back, but as soon as HAveng drops, he is right there again, sniffing my heels. Alot of the times, he takes aggro when there is the gap in the rotation. AS > CS > Judge > HW > Conc > CS > Judge > GAP when no procs > CS > Judge etc etc
Ive been diving around in logs, comparing my rotation with other paladins in the same situation, and I cannot find any particular difference in the way I rotate my spells.
Granted, he has legendary meta, and I dont, which ofc is a threat increase, but this feels like more than just a simple gem's difference.
As a serious progression raider, and a newly knighted warrior of light, the highest concern for me is that I am doing something wrong. I have been doing alot of research, and I cannot find anything wrong with the way I play/gear. The advise people give in the threads about threat issues, is just "go hit/exp cap, stack haste", and as u can see, I am doing both. I mentioned the gap in the rotation above, is this normal? Should I delay fillers (AS/HW/Conc) so that I use 1 of them between CS/Judge, and then just wait for CS/Judge to go off cd?
Im basically looking for advice on any faults I may do with gearing, or any tips in rotations that might help me.
Thank you for reading, //Marfyy
Marfyy
Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:05 am
