Hey guys, I wonder if you could possibly help shed some light on a situation, or point me in the right direction;
I try to pride myself on being a good tank, I've done it since 2005 prot pally all the way, got our "rotation" down etc.. hit capped, exp capped, well take a look for yourself: Crumplezone granted my gear's not the best, but I'm a father now, don't have time for the hardcore anymore unfortunately, but that's not what's bothering me.
What's bothering me, is that in LFR last night, a Brewmaster was the other tank (gear level 487) and he out healed me, he took less damage or should I say, he took less healing, and out DPSd me by a country mile, which all in all has left me feeling somewhat disconcerted by my paladin.
Even if I picked up the mob first with a wings/Avengers Shield, judge, etc.. he picked the target off me no problem, which led me to believe he was taunting at first, he said he wasn't, (he was actually quite adamant after I pressed him a bit, I got a bit arsey about it when I shouldn't have really) but all in all, it looks to me at this point like Brewmaster is a better tank class than paladin.. please someone say it isn't so.. after reading Thecks Blog religiously and keeping up as best I can using Mr robot and general logic, I can't see a way to come close, let alone beat this other Brewtank, (link to the char: leiwo)
Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug that I've not come across, like I say, if there're already threads about this I've missed, please be good enough to point me in the right direction instead of explaining to me.. like you have done with so many other people.
by the way, the tool I used to see this data was recount, and while I've read damage taken isn't collected properly, healing taken is more accurate.. even so.. I took twice as much healing as him. sigh.. it hurts.
thanks for your feedback guys.
Crumplezone
Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:23 pm
