Skip to content
Maintankadin

BP of Ancient Steel or Ghost Reaver's BP?

Oxboy555
Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:57 pm

BP of Ancient Steel or Ghost Reaver's BP?

I was sure BP of Ancient Steel was better for prot tanking until I saw on Icy Veins that the GhostReaver was farther down the gear list (even tho i-level is the same). Does the Ghost Reaver have better reforge/regem potential for us? Just want to doublecheck with you all before committing with the mats.

Thanks.
econ21
Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:37 am

Re: BP of Ancient Steel or Ghost Reaver's BP?

The ranking on the Icy Veins is by ilevel and then simply alphabetical, so I wouldn't worry: it's not contradicting your initial assessment. Ghost Reaver has a bit more mastery but couples that crit, which is the one stat we don't have much use for. Ancient Steel has a lot of dodge, which is still a decent tanking stat. I'd use AskMrRobot if you want to see a ranking of items according to some index of desirability (load your character, (right?) click on the chest and you should get a new screen with the upgrades ranked by the gearing scheme).