Skip to content
Maintankadin

Advice for gem please.

Montiele
Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:26 am

Advice for gem please.

Which gem I should use for protection paladin?
Red?
Blue?
Yellow?
Nikachelle
Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:34 am

Re: Advice for gem please.

We need a lot more info than that. Link us your armory and tell us what kind of content you're raiding please.
econ21
Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:39 am

Re: Advice for gem please.

Have a look at Digren's guide:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29733

Starting off, I agree with Digren and would tend to match socket bonuses and go for things with mastery:

Yellow/prismatic - mastery
Blue - mastery/stamina
Red - mastery/parry

As you get better gear and reach 102.4% combat table coverage, most people start to regem to stamina.

There's a case for ignoring socket bonuses when stacking stamina - theckhd has posted some useful information about the trade-offs:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32711

For PvP, it's a whole other ball game. For casual BGs, I go for strength to help kill stuff, but dedicated flag carriers in rated BGs etc would go resilience.