Skip to content
Maintankadin

Mastery stacking for CTC?

exolaris
Thu May 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Mastery stacking for CTC?

Hey all. I apologize if this particular question has been addressed in another thread already, but here goes. My tankadin is freshly 85, and I'm working on gearing up in heroics and LFR. In most of the guides I've read, the authors recommend gemming combo gems with avoidance/mastery in addition to stam. My question is, before I reach CTC cap, should I just be stacking mastery and ignoring stam, or should all my gems have some stamina on them as well, even if it means falling short of the CTC cap?

Thanks!
Koatanga
Thu May 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: Mastery stacking for CTC?

Pretty much CTC cap. Until you get to the raids, the vast majority of damage you take will be blockable, so you want to block it.
Volitaire
Fri May 04, 2012 7:32 am

Re: Mastery stacking for CTC?

Mastery until CTC then worry about going into stam.
Gab
Fri May 04, 2012 8:44 am

Re: Mastery stacking for CTC?

It really depends on how close to cap you can get. If you can get to cap than it's probably worth it in most circumstances but you might also want to consider hitting socket bonuses with Parry/Mastery and Stam/Mastery gems opposed to just stacking all out Mastery.