Hi,
I am currently gemming around double elixir due to the greater total amount of stat points it provides. There is a gear level where one is ctc capped without the elixir. Clearly, at that point the stamina flask is better. But it may be advantageous to gear around a stam flask even before being near-BiS.
About what gear level do you think the stam flask is better than double elixir? Please don't say it's personal preference as it's not.
The real technical question I suppose is how valuable is deep earth/prismatic. It's pretty easy to figure out just based on the mastery elixir vs stam flask and doing it this way shows the stam flask as being much better as gemming this way also lets you take more socket bonuses and the single flask just has more item budget in it than a single elixir. But we are losing direct mitigation by taking off the second elixir.
Since I specifically am asking for advice I'm Morganstanly on Stormreaver if anyone wants to chardev and see where I would be better off but I think it's worth discussing in the general case as well.
Thanks.
p.s. switching to mastery food is always an option
teckman
Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:32 am
