Skip to content
Maintankadin

Question about Elixirs?

Montiele
Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:02 am

Question about Elixirs?

How often Protection Paladin use Prismatic Elixir or Elixir of Deep Earth or Elixir of the Master?
Fenrìr
Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Question about Elixirs?

It depends on the tank. Some gear around the Prismatic Elixirs/Mastery ones while others gear around a stam flask. It's really personal preference.
Hrobertgar
Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:58 am

Re: Question about Elixirs?

When I tank stuff, I will use the Prismatic/Mastery combo if resistable Magic damage is somewhere above 20% or so of total tank damage taken and if it is what is putting me most at risk of death. I figure, resisted damage taken vs ~ 4% (or less) health from stam flask. If I am using the Mastery elixir, then I generally also adjust my trinkets/food buffs so as not to be too far over CTC.

I believe Theck once worked out some kind of breakeven back in T11 a little more formally, but at some point the prismatic elixir will reduce overall damage taken by more then a stam flask will increase health pool, and that is when I tent to like the elixirs. Yor'sahj in particular is a good example of this. Zon'ozz has heavy magic damage, but he can hit like a truck too as he builds stacks, so a good physical defense is still quite important.

extra resisted % from Prismatic elixir * fraction of resistable damage vs % increase in health from Stam flask.

For MOST fights, unelss I am specifically worried about survivability, I simply take the Guild flask from the Cauldron (Stam) and don't worry about it.