Skip to content
Maintankadin

Mastery Elixirs vs Steelskin Flask

Bogo
Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:19 am

Mastery Elixirs vs Steelskin Flask

I dont know which one I should use. I have as profession Alchemy(Mixology with +15 to Prismatic Elixir and +40 to Mastery Elixir, +80 to steelskin) and Blacksmithing
I used on old content (FL and preFL) Mastery elixirs, but few month after DS was released i was forced to take break, now i back to WoW and (ofc) i fallen to 2nd raid group, healeres here have a bit trouble healing me sometimes, after i checked few new guides i saw tanks prefer now stamina.

And now i dont know if i should change to steelskin flask over mastery elixirs too.

sry for my english :P
Skye1013
Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:48 am

Re: Mastery Elixirs vs Steelskin Flask

Paladins preferring Stamina is because they've hit full CTC (you can check the threads in the Basic/Advanced forums if you need more info about this.) If you have the 102.4% CTC without a mastery elixir, then the flask would probably make more sense.
Cowmmunion
Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:12 am

Re: Mastery Elixirs vs Steelskin Flask

Elixir of the Master is 225 mastery. The Steelskin flask is 450 Stamina - or about 300 mastery worth of gemming. If you are doing progression on fights with a ton of shadow damage (Yorsahj, Zonozz) I'd reccomend sticking with the Elixir and the Prismatic Elixir for shadow resistance. Progression on every other fight I'd go with the flask and just gem for some more mastery to make up for it.
Rhiannon
Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:49 am

Re: Mastery Elixirs vs Steelskin Flask

Cowmmunion wrote:Elixir of the Master is 225 mastery. The Steelskin flask is 450 Stamina - or about 300 mastery worth of gemming. If you are doing progression on fights with a ton of shadow damage (Yorsahj, Zonozz) I'd reccomend sticking with the Elixir and the Prismatic Elixir for shadow resistance. Progression on every other fight I'd go with the flask and just gem for some more mastery to make up for it.


Or just stick with the mastery elixir and use stamina scrolls? Stamina scrolls result in the flask having a mastery:stamina conversion of 225:300 or 1:1.33. e.g. 225 mastery elixir + 150 stamina scroll is the itemisation equivalent of 487.5 stamina, which is better than the 450 stamina flask.
Cowmmunion
Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 am

Re: Mastery Elixirs vs Steelskin Flask

bwaaaa? I... I had never known of these scrolls. Ignore everything I said!

*runs off to toss money at an Inscriptionist*
Nikachelle
Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:19 am

Re: Mastery Elixirs vs Steelskin Flask

Cowmmunion wrote:bwaaaa? I... I had never known of these scrolls. Ignore everything I said!

*runs off to toss money at an Inscriptionist*

It's a SCRIBE, goddamnit!
Rhiannon
Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:30 am

Re: Mastery Elixirs vs Steelskin Flask

I prefer "Inscriptionatorist".
Flex
Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Mastery Elixirs vs Steelskin Flask

Scribbler.
Nikachelle
Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: Mastery Elixirs vs Steelskin Flask

Flex wrote:Scribbler.

I'd even take THAT over the ridiculous variations people come up with (like Rhia above!)
Skye1013
Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:23 am

Re: Mastery Elixirs vs Steelskin Flask

Scriblologist is so far my favorite.