Skip to content
Maintankadin

Avoid Cap Level and Boss Misses - Help :)

Warrosh
Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:14 am

Avoid Cap Level and Boss Misses - Help :)

Greetings my Paladin friends,

I am now comming close to my 102,4% Avoid.

But for me are now some Question who are open :

What for Miss have the Bosses in Dragon Soul. My Addon tells me all the Time 4,4%. Not 5%?

And what shall I do wear -> Souldrinker or Weapon of Well of Eternity.

This is my Char:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/a ... h/advanced

I'am now thinking to about if I shall regem to Stamina/Mastery or shall I stay at 40 Mastery Gem's?

Would be nice if you maybe can pimp me a bit :)

Thank's a lot!
Flex
Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:24 am

Re: Avoid Cap Level and Boss Misses - Help :)

It is technically 4.4% due to level difference. The reason we use 5% and 102.4% is that we are basing it off of our level. Use souldrinker, swap as many gems from pure mastery to hybrid as you can while maintaining 102.4%
Warrosh
Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:48 am

Re: Avoid Cap Level and Boss Misses - Help :)

What is my target to reach "unbuffed" in %? To get in Raid Fully Hit Immune.

Alternative to my Trinket with Stamina I got the Tol Barad one and the Dragon Soul One with Stamina.

Dunno if I shall remove the Scales of Life ..
fuzzygeek
Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Avoid Cap Level and Boss Misses - Help :)

I personally try to be around 99% unbuffed, as I eat the normal feast and use Mastery/Resistance Elixir to get a bit over the target 102.4%. You can go even lower if you want to bring your own Mastery food, but this leaves a larger window if you do die and get BR during a fight.

You're probably fine to swap in Mastery/Stam gems in your chest and pick up a free 30 stamina; there is a Greater Mastery to glove enchant that will give you +15 mastery there. If you're still short, you can pick up some CTC by reforging your rings.

Your trinket selection is probably fine; running dual-mastery trinkets is overkill in T13 unless you want to replace all of your yellow gems.
2Cute2BeStr8
Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Re: Avoid Cap Level and Boss Misses - Help :)

fuzzygeek wrote:Your trinket selection is probably fine; running dual-mastery trinkets is overkill in T13 unless you want to replace all of your yellow gems.


What if I just really really love the on use abilities of the mastery trinkets and reforge off the mastery :D

I love stay of execution, dodge from fire of the deep, and obviously mirror of broken images! Plus I could put all blue gems in my stuff if I'd just leave em both un reforged, but I'm still an avoidance whore ( reforging to threat stats shortly)
L'ombra
Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:52 am

Re: Avoid Cap Level and Boss Misses - Help :)

Hi!
Long time tank, new poster. (obviously)

So, just to clear this up, the 5% getting-missed rate is actually wrong for bosses? Am I right in thinking that the desired CTC (without the miss rate) is 98%? And 98 + 4,4 equals the famous 102,4%?
theckhd
Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:58 am

Re: Avoid Cap Level and Boss Misses - Help :)

Miss rate is a level-dependent function. It's 5% against a level 85, 4.8% against a level 86, 4.6% against a level 87, and 4.4% against a level 88 (boss). It's been that way as long as I can remember.
Hrobertgar
Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:53 am

Re: Avoid Cap Level and Boss Misses - Help :)

Dodge + Parry + Block + Miss = 100% for cap

However, the boss can counter some of your defences for each extra level he has. 0.2% per level per defensive ability. A boss is 3 levels higher so:

Dodge - 0.2%*3 + Parry - 0.2%*3 + Block - 0.2%*3 + Miss - 0.2%*3 = 100%

Miss = 5%, the others are straight off your character sheet

Dodge + Parry + Block + 5% Miss = 100% + 0.2%*3 + 0.2%*3 + 0.2%*3 + 0.2%*3

Dodge + Parry + Block + 5% Miss = 100% + 4 * 0.6%

Dodge + Parry + Block + 5% Miss = 100% + 2.4% = 102.4%
L'ombra
Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:28 am

Re: Avoid Cap Level and Boss Misses - Help :)

Ahh, right, thanks for clearing that up! I didn't think the boss reduction was applied to the miss portion for these numbers somehow. So for the purposes of 102,4%, 5% is indeed the correct number, and looking at your character sheet you want dodge + parry + block = 97,4%?
Hrobertgar
Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:34 am

Re: Avoid Cap Level and Boss Misses - Help :)

yes, for a shield tank, you can just add up character sheet Dodge + Parry + Block = 97.4% to account for 5% miss and the extra 2.4% chance the boss has against all of your defenses.


Its best to add them up when you are raid buffed, assuming you use the same buffs & gear for all fights. Sometimes I still swap in the TB Mirror and so lose about 60 Mastery vs my regular trinket, which I can then make up with Mastery food over the dodge based feast if I need to.