There's a lot of discussions going around in different threads about this but I didn't really see a dedicated topic for it even thought it's quite important.
For a while now after I hit the 102,4% I have been gearing for stamina, and that's been going as such a thing goes, you get more HP. Lately I have been thinking though, is it really necessary with more? I guess you can never have too much and it's always going to help you survive more, but now when DPS is such a big problem in DS with the tight enrage timers, I thought I would try with a more hit/expertise oriented build, while still staying above the 102,4%. I also replaced windwalk with landslide since I didn't really value the dodge proc at all.
Anyways this is what I got with my current gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... d/advanced
It's fairly passive considering I haven't changed any enchants to DPS ones and I'm also still using a stamina/mastery trinket.
I went from these stats:
203k HP
16% dodge
16% parry
64% mastery
to these:
196k HP
14% dodge
16% parry
66% mastery.
What I gained though was about 4% increase in hit and 13 in expertise (I'm not exactly sure on those numbers, but it's around that) which should help my DPS by quite a big margin, while not affecting my survivability all too much really. There's also the option of switching out the stamina trinket for something more DPS heavy depending on the encounter, as said I still don't know how hard the heroic bosses hit.
What do you guys think?
Would you rather focus on survivability and let DPS be a job for the DPSers, and be prepared for a lot more worst case scenarios tank death wise, or would you rather help beat the enrage timer and still have what should be enough survivability, but have the raid wipe at times?
I can more or less guarantee that we are going to have a DPS problem in my guild, which is why I geared the way I did, but I'm curious what more progressed paladins would say and their experiences.
Posid
Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:17 am
