I'm curious what other tanks are thinking regarding Souldrinker (ilvl 403) vs. the Heroic Hand of Morchok (ilvl 410).
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77193
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=78371
I acquired Souldrinker last night on the PTR and have had a chance to play with it. I read elsewhere that it had a 15% chance to proc with no ICD. I could verify in limited testing that it definitely had no ICD, as I would sometimes get doubled heals. 15% felt about right. It seemed like it could proc off Crusader Strike, Shield of the Righteous and normal melee swings, but not Judgement or Avenger's Shield.
To give you an idea of its healing, overall it was not even matching Seal of Insight, and of course the heals were just completely unpredictable. From a healing perspective I found it pretty underwhelming, since I'm fairly convinced the heals would just be lost in the noise in a raid environment.
Then there's Hand of Morchok. We can reforge the crit to avoidance. The weapon DPS is ~50 higher than Souldrinker, and it has a socket whose bonus we don't really care about, so you could throw +60 Stamina into that socket. Aside from doing more DPS and having ~100 more Stamina, the weapon isn't much better than a Heroic Mandible.
I guess I'm trying to answer two questions:
(1) Which of these two weapons will do more DPS?
(2) Which of these two weapons is better for survivability?
One thing I'm not sure about is if the proc can occur even if you miss or are dodged/parried. I *think* it was just tied to swings and not to actual hits, but I could be wrong about that. I'll have to test more extensively to make sure.
Has anyone else had a chance to test this weapon out?
Kihra
Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:10 pm
