I would like to gather advice from fellow tanks about trinkets to use on which boss fights. Posters keep saying trinket choice is fight specific and while I understand this in general terms, I have very limited understanding of which specific boss fights favour which trinkets.
If you have any recommendations, please post:
(1) the default pair trinkets that you use most often and why?
(2) any boss fights that you swop out trinkets for and why?
(3) your rough gear ilevel (359, 365, 378 etc) and usual raid type (10N or 25H etc)?
(4) are you block capped with your default trinkets or commonly used alternates?
I will maintain the first post and try to bring together some general advice. Please don't say "anything goes for 10N" and the like, as some of us are struggling even on easier content and even small benefits from tips are appreciated.
I will go first:
(1) default trinkets: Mirror of Broken Images and Moonwell Phial.
These Mirror is the best mastery trinket I have and the on use magic resistance is useful on many bosses. The Phial provides less stamina than Scales of Life, but I found I was not using the latter's heal effectively.
(2) I swop the Phial for Impatience of Youth to be block capped in T11 raids and Firelands trash, but am reluctant to trade 10k heath for 4% block in T12. I suspect my reluctance is misjudged.
I use Heart of Thunder for Chimaeron to provide an on-use heal in the last unhealable phase.
(3) 371 ilevel and 10N raider.
(4) not block capped with default trinkets - 0.7% short with two mastery trinkets.
econ21
Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:46 am
