Skip to content
Maintankadin

Not geared enough for ZA/ZG?

Iztli
Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Not geared enough for ZA/ZG?

So today I got kicked from 2 groups who said I wasn't geared enough to be in ZA/ZG and should go gear up. The only upgrades I can see that I really have are from those dungeons, raiding, and rep which I am already working on. I'm around 97% CTC at the moment and the only problem I have is threat in the first few seconds of a fight with really geared DPS when I don't have misdirect/tricks. Is there anything huge I'm missing? I don't have time to raid, so I can't really upgrade that way. I'm working on Valor points for my tier 12 set, but they come slow.
bldavis
Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: Not geared enough for ZA/ZG?

i assume the link in your sig is your tank...and if htat is the case you are almost over geared for ZA/ZG

just ignore them, they are ppl who want method and paragon members to carry them through dungeons
Iztli
Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Not geared enough for ZA/ZG?

Yeah, that is my current tank. I don't have any problems in any heroics, just want to learn ZA/ZG a little better. I took a year off and just started back up about a month ago.
econ21
Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:21 am

Re: Not geared enough for ZA/ZG?

Yes, you are over-geared for the Zuls - as is evident from the fact that virtually nothing that drops there would be an upgrade for you.

Those two dungeons do have something of a learning curve, but in terms of gear you are fine.

What I do for those dungeons is add a couple of items to raise my hit and expertise to 5% and 20 respectively (e.g. licence to slay and the Ramkahen bracers enhanced for expertise). Maybe it will not be an issue with the threat buff, but I find it helps. It seems like half the time, I am near the top dps because the group is weak (e.g. one group had a rogue pulling 2k dps), and the other time, I can struggle with threat because the group is stellar (e.g. next group the other day with lowest dps of 24k).