Skip to content
Maintankadin

Am I missing something here?

Raraldur
Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Am I missing something here?

So I fiddled around a little bit with gemming before tonights raid. I downloaded Rawr and tried to understand it, and I think I did. In reality, I prob. Failed.
It told me to almost gem pure Stamina with a very few parry/dodge/mastery gems with stamina on the side. Now I dont feel comfortable doing that. From what I can read, I should focus on mastery until I hit a CTC of 102,4(or is it 104,2?). Now I've regemmed entirely and did it like this:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Raraldur/advanced

That gives me these stats without any buffs at all:
CTC: 93,32%
Block: 63,94%
Dodge rating: 1338
Parry rating: 1392
HP: 158435

I got 3 blue gems to activate my meta gem. Other than that I use 9 Fractured Amberjewel.
Is that wrong? I've tried talking to my healers, but they arent the most talkative bunch of people.
fuzzygeek
Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Am I missing something here?

RAWR has always been somewhat sketchy for Tanks. If you need a tool, I would recommend http://askmrrobot.com instead, as Theck helped them with their weightings.

I would put Fine Topaz in red slots, personally.
econ21
Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:40 am

Re: Am I missing something here?

For gemming, I would just optimise manually - MrRobot is great, but it focuses on melee damage reduction when what you want is to get to 102.4% CTC without cutting stamina too much. Have a look at Digren's gear enchancement guide stickied here. I've tended to go for slot bonuses rather than pure mastery all over, but if I could reach CTC cap by gemming alone, I would. (As it is, it requires ditching my stamina trinket which is too steep a price for me - 10k hp for 4% block.)

There is a nuance with balancing parry and dodge (iirc you want the former rating about 155 higher?) but as long as those two stats are fairly well balanced - to limit diminishing returns - it won't matter much. I refer to Mr Robot for ideas on reforging and it usually gives me something that makes sense but I've never looked at if for gemming.
KysenMurrin
Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:55 am

Re: Am I missing something here?

Ask Mr Robot has an option to choose between CTC and MDR presets.
lythac
Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:56 am

Re: Am I missing something here?

If you swap the gem in your helm with the gem in your shield you will gain 15 sta.