Skip to content
Maintankadin

Heart of Thunder and Chimaeron

boneyjellyfish
Wed May 18, 2011 12:08 pm

Heart of Thunder and Chimaeron

I'm looking at ways to survive longer against Chimaeron, possibly to get the achievement for my guild. The on-use of the Heart of Thunder is 10260hp, or just enough to bring me back when I get brought down to 1hp. Does anybody know if this can be used during the burn phase?
Nikachelle
Wed May 18, 2011 12:14 pm

Re: Heart of Thunder and Chimaeron

Hmmm does the trinket use count as a "heal"?
Doughman
Wed May 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Re: Heart of Thunder and Chimaeron

on 25 man heroic ..we use three tanks ..warrior, ret pally, and myself. One thing we like to do is have both pallies 1 and 2 on threat and when burn phase goes ..pop bloodlust / heroism and have the pallies strategically used ardent defender and some nifty bubble / kiting to last the longest while dps nukes the bastage down.

This is easy to do on normal, but we have earned the achievement on heroic as well.
Jeremoot
Thu May 19, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Heart of Thunder and Chimaeron

I hit my GAnK and Vial right away which allows me to last a while, and then when I hit 1 hp I hit Ardent Defender. In normal mode this is enough to last me through the majority of the phase if not all of it.
Awyndel
Fri May 20, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Heart of Thunder and Chimaeron

A disc priest, and every other absorb spell ppl can put on you. Hand of sac and PS is also nice. And chain your own cd's too. Just put on your block set coz this one is gonna be physical, and armor trinkets are far below budget in that regard.
boneyjellyfish
Fri May 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Re: Heart of Thunder and Chimaeron

Those are all good suggestions, everyone, but I was wondering if the heals from battlemaster trinkets were affected by the 99% healing reduction debuff.
lythac
Fri May 20, 2011 12:18 pm

Re: Heart of Thunder and Chimaeron

If someone already has the trinket they should be able to test it under the effect of Mortal Strike and see what happens.

For reference -

Mortality
Apply Aura (3): Mod Healing Taken - % (127)
Value: -99

Mortal Strike
Apply Aura: Mod Healing Taken - % (127)
Value: -50

They have the same "Mod Healing Taken" so yeah. Try it.
theckhd
Sat May 21, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Heart of Thunder and Chimaeron

The darkmoon card definitely works, so I would assume Heart of Thunder does as well.
econ21
Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:44 am

Re: Heart of Thunder and Chimaeron

I used Heart of Thunder for Chimaeron's end phase and it seemed to work (got the achievement on first kill!).
boneyjellyfish
Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:05 am

Re: Heart of Thunder and Chimaeron

Okay, I just picked up a Scales of Life. Will the heal from that work on Chimaeron? We're about to try to tackle the heroic version and ~20k heal would be spectacular in the last phase. I'll test it when we attempt it next.
lythac
Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:18 am

Re: Heart of Thunder and Chimaeron

I don't think that would work. The on use (Tipping of the Scales) Effect is a heal, same as Holy Light for example.

The other trinkets are - "Apply Aura: Increase Max Health" and not "heal".
boneyjellyfish
Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:45 am

Re: Heart of Thunder and Chimaeron

Dang, that's a shame.