Skip to content
Maintankadin

Profession advise

Firann
Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:42 am

Profession advise

Hey guys!

I currently run with BS and Engi as my professions. Engi was changed from JC at end of Wrath (kinda regretting now) because I always liked Engi and the toys it brought. However I am thinking of dropping engi as the novelty factors it once procided don't feel exciting anymore. For raids atm the only thing I bring to the raids is Jeeves. While it is a nice little perk thats all it is. A perk.

Now from engi the only self stuff i use is the armor on gloves and absorption on belt. I do not use the Helmets anymore except for some light PvP as i have Both Daybreaker and Dragon Bone tanking and retri specs.

Should i drop engi for Alch/Insc/Enc/LW?


http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... n/advanced is my character profile!

Any advise welcome :)
Hiroko
Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:38 am

Re: Profession advise

Much as you probably don't want to hear it, I'd suggest taking JC backup again if you are dropping Engineering.
The bonus JC gems are decent and work very well with the additional slots provided by blacksmithing.
fuzzygeek
Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:40 am

Re: Profession advise

My paladin has gone from

Ench/Eng to Ench/BS to JC/BS to JC/Eng to JC/BS. JC/BS still the most flexible and synergistic combination, especially for hybrid classes.
Firann
Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:10 am

Re: Profession advise

I've gone from:

Mining/Engi, Mining/JC, BS/JC, Minging/BS, BS/Engi now :)
towelliee
Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:57 pm

Re: Profession advise

I went from JC/BS to LW/Alchemy Nice change keeps me unhittable with least a 180k HP pool
theothersteve7
Wed May 18, 2011 9:02 am

Re: Profession advise

I crunched some numbers and arrived at the conclusion that the glove perk is pretty well-balanced compared to two more Mastery gems. I'd like to see someone a bit more practiced do this as well.